Chapter 12

"So it is true. The Mountain King has returned," Bard said.

"You know the prophecy?" Thorin asked?

"Yes. Everyone here knows the prophecy," Bard said.

He began loading the barrels onto his barge and told the company that he would take them into Lake-Town on his barge.

"Excellent," Thorin said.

Once the barge was loaded the company and Bard got on board and Bard got the barge moving. Primrose and Kili had sat down together on a barrel, Primrose on Kili's lap. He had his arms around her and was letting her snuggle against him as she was shivering again. As Bard had been warned they were coming he had some blankets which the company gratefully wrapped around them. Kili wrapped a blanket around the pair of them and kissed Primrose softly.

"I hope you won't catch a chill as you need to stay healthy for our baby," he said.

Bard had seen the kiss and heard what Kili had said. He looked at them surprise on his face.

"Primrose is my wife," Kili explained.

"That's a pretty unusual pairing but I can see you love her," Bard said.

"Yes I love Primrose very much," Kili said.

He was gently rubbing her arms with his hands trying to warm her up a bit.

"When we get to Lake-Town I'll warm you up," Kili said.

Primrose winked at him knowing what was on his mind. It would warm him up as well.

Finally after a slow journey the barge arrived at Lake Town. There the company made their way through the streets to the Master of Lake-Town's lodgings. There The Master of Lake-Town greeted them and made a speech. Thorin responded to the speech declaring that once they had taken Erebor that he would bring wealth and prosperity to the region again.

"What about the prophecy?" someone called out.

"What about it?" Thorin asked.

"It says that The Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, shall come into his own. And the bells shall ring in gladness, at the Mountain King's return, but all shall fail in sadness, and the Lake will shine and burn," Bard said.

"What does that mean?" Primrose asked Kili.

"It's foretelling Uncle's return and is saying that his well our return will bring sadness to Lake-Town as the lake will burn," Kili said.

"I don't like the sound of that. Could the lake burning be connected to the Dragon? Maybe I won't be able to kill it and he'll come out of Erebor and attack this town. That would be awful if he killed people," Primrose said.

"I'm sure you will be able to kill him," Kili reassured her.

The Master of Lake Town was talking to Thorin again and he nodded and turned to the others.

"We are to be assigned lodgings for while we are here. We will be given dry clothes while what we are wearing is dried out," Thorin said.

The company were shown to lodgings and each member given clean dry clothes. Once Primrose and Kili were in their lodgings and the woman who had shown them to their lodgings had gone Kili turned to Primrose.

"Time for me to warm you up I think," he said.

Kili helped Primrose out of her wet clothes his eyes roving over her body then quickly shed his own wet clothes. As soon as Kili pressed his naked body against hers heat flooded through Primrose's body. She ground her body against Kili's enjoying the sensation of flesh against flesh.