Chapter 11

Down in the dungeons the dwarves are amazed when the elves come to let them out.

"What? Has the king changed his mind?" Thorin asked.

"Your nephew has found favour with the king," one of the guards said.

Thorin couldn't believe it. Did the guard mean Fili or Kili? He followed the guards to another room where the dwarves were given clean clothes and their weapons returned to them. A short time later Kili and Primrose joined them.

"Uncle it will be alright. I've made a deal with the King," Kili said.

"What is the deal?" Thorin asked.

"You won't like this but I promised that if I should one day become King Under the Mountain that he would get that which he desires," Kili said.

Thorin could not believe his ears.

"HOW DARE YOU OFFER HIM SUCH A DEAL," Thorin shouted.

"Uncle it was the only way to get the King to help us and we need his help. Even now the orcs will be coming through the forest to find us," Kili said.

"Kili you aren't even the crown prince. I am," Fili said.

"Would you have offered the King the same deal?" Kili asked.

Fili had to admit Kili was right. He too had become concerned about Thorin becoming greedy.

"Uncle it will be all right. This way we will make it to Erebor in time to find the secret entrance and Primrose can kill the dragon," Kili said.

Thorin had to admit Kili was right. The dwarves needed all the help they could get.

"I'm sorry I shouted at you Kili," Thorin said.

"Uncle it was Primrose who actually started the ball rolling," Kili said.

She followed us in here and was taken to Thranduil and they talked which led to me talking to Thranduil. Thranduil was not being unreasonable when he offered to help you if you gave him what you wanted. But I fear you are going the way of my great uncle and my great great uncle. I say that with the utmost respect," Kili said.

"Kili is right. Family and provision for our kin is more important than wealth. As is strong ties with our allies. This hostility between us and the dwarves has gone on long enough. It's time it ended," Fili said.

Thorin glowered but said nothing. The other dwarves were nodding their heads and agreeing with the brothers.

"They are right you know," Balin and Dwalin said, "If it wasn't for greed we would still be in Erebor today. It is time to mend old wounds," they ended.

"Thank you Primrose you're becoming a real asset to us? But how was it you were not captured with us?" Thorin asked.

Primrose looked at Kili not sure how to answer that. She wasn't sure how Thorin would react if she told him about the ring. Kili nodded to her to tell him.

"I found this ring," she held the ring up, when I encountered a strange creature while we were in the Goblin King's realm. This ring if I put it on my finger makes me invisible," she showed him, "so I was able to avoid detection until I showed myself to Legolas, the king's son," Primrose said.

"Keep the ring secret and keep it safe. If it should fall into Azog's hands it would be disastrous," Thorin said.

Primrose already knew that but she nodded and slipped her ring back into her pocket. She and Kili talked with the dwarves until it was time for them to attend the banquet. At this time an elf appeared and told them he would escort them to the banquet. Kili had been given a new travelling coat and his sword returned to him. He'd lost his bow before he had been captured so it wasn't able to be returned to him. He looked very smart as did the other dwarves. Primrose had been given an outfit similar to the she elf that had saved Kili's to wear. Her outfit was brown and consisted of leggings, a short dress which was fitted, a leather cuirass that went over the bodice of the dress and leather vembraces. She also had knee high boots to wear and the whole outfit was elegant and practical. The vembraces would offer her protection when she used her bow and her quiver and scabbard would go beautifully with it