Sick of being lonely

Three days later it was nearing twelve o’clock on a late Wednesday morning. Sarrachi was on top of his messy sheets passed out. The night before was pretty long; he, Diamond, and Bonez’s (Diamond’s boyfriend) decided to get thrashed. They drank their worries away and smoked a few blunts to loosen up. The evidence was all of the floor in Sarrachi’s room as well the rest of the apartment.

Sarrachi tossed and turned in the bed not really comfortable. Dreaming about talking animals, he was trying to enjoy a good nights rest when the ringing of his cell phone broke his sleep. He pried open one eye as the ring continued. Sarrachi’s temper was easy to rouse, but few things pissed him off like an untimely phone call. Normally he wouldn’t pick up, but he could tell by the ring it was girlfriend Bianca. Sarrachi reached over his dresser and picked up his phone.

“Hello?” He answered, in a tired voice.

“Rachi, what you doin’?” Bianca asked.

“. . . Sleepin’…” He sighed.

“Wake yo ass up then!" Bianca shouted. Sarrachi flinched at the volume of her voice. "You don’t need to be sleepin’ this time a day, Get yo butt up and get out of bed."

"What you want B?" Sarrachi questioned.

"I wanna hook up, we aint do nothin’ in dumb long.”

“What you mean we aint did nothin’ in dumb long?” he questioned. “I took you out last week.”

“Well maybe I wanna go out this week too!” Bianca pointed out. “See that’s yo problem, you never wanna do anything. All you ever wanna do is smoke, smoke and sleep. That’s why I…” as Bianca continued to fuss, Sarrachi set the phone on the side still able to hear her nag. The urge to hang up was undeniable, but he chose not too. He was going to hear her mouth anyway, might as well get it over with. He lifted the phone back to his ear.

“Aye B,” he interrupted. “Check this out. Let me take a shower, and imma be over in five minutes… okay?” Bianca paused on the phone like she was thinking.

“…Okay,” She hesitated. Sarrachi hung up the phone and tossed it on the dresser.

“Damn man… wake me up on that bull shit,” He complained as he got out of bed. Sarrachi left his room and entered the shower. After cleaning up, he got dressed and headed out. While walking through the living area he saw Diamond and Bonez on the couch watching TV. Bonez was 6’1”, 17 years old, and had the face of a killer. He was brown skinned with nappy hair. His body was boney but muscular with many scars and tattoos. He banged Black Joka and belonged to the set the ‘Uptown Jokas’.

“Do ya’ll ever go to school?” Sarrachi asked. Diamond turned her head when her cousin walked by.

“Rachi shut up” She retorted. “Can’t you see we trynna watch TV.”

“Look, I’m headin’ out for a sec. I might not be back tonight.” Sarrachi unlocked the door and stepped out.

“Goin’ to Bianca house?” Diamond asked in a mocking manner.

“You know it.” Sarrachi called back. He shut the door and went to his car.

Ten minutes later, Sarrachi pulled up at Bianca’s apartment. His girlfriend Bianca was also his baby’s mother; they maintained an on and off relationship over the years. Their daughter Valashia (Va-lay-she-a) was at her grandmother’s house. Sarrachi hopped out of his car and walked to Bianca’s doorstep.

He rang the doorbell waiting for an answer, Bianca looked out the window to see whom it was before she answered. She unlocked the door and Let Sarrachi in. Bianca was 19 years old, short and brown skin. She had black eyes, short black hair with long extensions, and a nice body. She wore a black shirt and underwear.