Party over here

Three days passed and it was finally Saturday night, the night of Mya’s party. Diamond was in her room fighting to get a pair of jeans on. After a short struggle, she lay on the ground gathering her strength. Diamond got unto her feet and went to the mirror.

            “Did I gain weight or somethin’?” She asked herself. “These used to fit.” She looked at her butt in the mirror then shook her head. “Naw, I aint gain no weight. Jeans must have shrunk.” She thought a moment. “. . . Rachi. Probably aint wash the damn clothes right.” Diamond shrugged and carried on about her business.

            Right before she left her room she went through her top dresser locating her weapon stash. On the right was her personal favorite, a smith and Wesson sigma 9mm. In the middle lies her heavy duty, a tec-9. Finally, all the way to the left was the small but effective .22 pistol. Since her jeans were so tight there was no way the sigma or Tec could fit. So Diamond snatched up the pistol and placed it in her side cargo pocket. The imprint of the gun could be seen, but only if you stared hard enough.

            Diamond stepped out of her room and into the living area. Tyrell and Sarrachi were on the couch playing the game Mortal Kombat. From the looks of things, Sarrachi was losing.

            “Shit man…” Sarrachi cursed, he threw his controller down. “Man you a bitch dog.” Tyrell paid him no mind.

            “Nigga you suck,” Tyrell mocked. He pressed rematch, beginning the round again. Diamond leaned behind them on the couch observing the battle, but it didn’t take long for her to lose interest. She glanced at her watch to see the time.

            “So ya’ll goin’ or what?” she asked.

            “Goin’? Man what you talkin’ bout?” Sarrachi wondered. He didn’t take his eyes off the game.

            “To the party!” Diamond exclaimed. Sarrachi sucked his teeth.

            “Does it look like I’m goin’?” He replied. “I got things to do.” Diamond looked back at the game where Sarrachi’s character just got killed. He lowered his controller and stared Tyrell with piercing eyes.

            “I see,” Diamond said. “TY, you goin’?”

            “Ehh . . . Naw,” Tyrell shook his head. “Naw I aint goin’.”

“Man, ya’ll niggas is lame,” Diamond taunted. “Ya’ll don’t ever wanna do shit.” Sarrachi and Tyrell shrugged at the same time.

“So, you just mad cause you aint got nobody to go with,” Sarrachi teased.

“Actually… I do,” Diamond responded. “I’m goin’ with my niggas, my ‘other’ niggas.”

“I aint care,” Sarrachi said. He noticed he was to losing the battle again. “You causin’ me to get kilt.”

“You causin’ yo self to get kilt.” Diamond mocked. At that very second, Tyrell did a final move that annihilated Sarrachi’s character. Angry, Sarrachi slapped the controller out of Tyrell’s hand, which caused the game to restart with out Tyrell winning.

“Man what the Fuck!” Tyrell shouted as he jumped to his feet.

“Oh you mad now?” Sarrrachi grinned. Tyrell ripped the controller from Sarrachi’s hand, and flung it to the ground. Sarrachi leaped up and stared his friend down.

“Man you better the get fuck out my face,” Tyrell warned.

“Or what?” Sarrachi taunted, getting closer. “What you gon do?” Before they knew it, the two were rolling on the ground wrestling each other. While fighting, Tyrell flung Sarrachi into the wall. The vibration of the hit almost knocked over the TV.

“Aye Chill out!” Diamond shouted. Sarrachi ignored his cousin and jumped on Tyrell. “Man ya’ll play too damn much.” She shook her head. Right before Diamond could break them apart, she heard someone knock on the door. Sarrachi and Tyrell stopped wrestling when they heard the knocking.

“Who the hell is that?” Sarrachi asked, getting on his feet. Diamond went to see who it was.

“That’s probably Bonez and them.” She walked to the door and opened it. Waiting in the doorway was Bonez, Axe, and Justine. “Bout time ya’ll fools get here.” Diamond smiled.

“Woulda been here earlier, if Someone aint take all day.” Axe glanced at Justine. Diamond’s friends came inside looking ready for a party.

“Let me get some drink real quick then we can bounce.” Diamond said. She walked to the kitchen where she went into the refrigerator. She took out two large bottles of brown licker and headed back to her friends. “Aye we out yall!” Back to playing their game, Sarrachi and Tyrell were in another world.

It didn’t take long for Diamond and the others to reach the house party. The road was almost packed with cars that were parked in single file. Bonez leaned back in his seat and popped the top off his bottle.

“You know what time is!” Axe grinned. He put a blunt in his mouth lighting it up. Bonez nodded his head and took out a blunt to match Axe.  

“Come on, lets go.” Bonez instructed. He exited the car first followed by the others. To Bonez’s surprise, when he turned around he saw Trip and three other members from his set. Trip was a brown skin, eighteen year old male from Yonkers New York. He and his crew were leaning on a car smoking and talking.

“Yo what’s good son?” Trip asked as he dapped Bonez and Diamond in their gang handshake. “Ya’ll just gettin’ here?”

“Yea. How long ya’ll boys been here?” Bonez asked. Trip shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t even know my nigga. Ya boy been blazed since like… two o’clock.” Trip took a long hit from his blunt and passed it to his partner.

“Oh yea? So what it lookin like?” Bonez asked; he was referring to the house party.

 “My lil chick say that shit straight.” Trip got off the car and moved closer to Bonez. “Only one problem . . . Ya mans and them here too.”

“Who you talkin’ bout?” Diamond wondered.

“That nigga D.” Trip answered. Diamond’s face went cold. She knew if Double-D was here, then so was her archenemy, Khia.