It all falls down

Two days later around noon, Tyrell and Sarrachi were hiding out at Tank’s drug house on 12th street. Since the Springdale shooting, both the Murda Mafia and the San Tera police department have been looking for them. Neither Bianca nor Valaisha could contact Sarrachi. As his girlfriend and daughter, they were under strong police surveillance because they were likely leads to his location.

            Like Sarrachi, Tyrell also couldn’t contact his family. His mother refused to house or aid him. No matter how much it hurt her, she wanted nothing to do with a fugitive convict, even if it was her own son. Jameka was still angry with him and his situation only made things worse. The police took her in for questioning, threatening her with jail time if she didn’t come clean on anything she knew. All this added up further damaged their broken relationship.

            Tyrell sat on the couch next to Quandaisha with his head facing the floor. He held a 40-ounce bottle of licker in his hand. It was his fifth one today. Anyone who knew Tyrell could tell he hasn’t been himself lately. After the Springdale shooting, he stayed up all night, every night drinking and smoking with Sarrachi. His eyes were bloodshot and his mental state hung by a thread.

            Sarrachi wasn’t feeling too much better than his friend. The chair he sat in sucked him in. His mind played back memories from the night of the shooting, he couldn’t believe he let Jigga get away. Sarrachi glanced up when the front door flung up. Trip, K.D, and Kaya cruised inside, dapping everyone up.

            “What up?” Trip asked; he stared at Sarrachi and Tyrell. “Ya’ll look like ya’ll goin’ through it. Everythin’ straight?” Tyrell was too drugged to answer; he didn’t even hear him. Sarrachi simply shook his head, not wanting to speak.

            “Trip don’t waste yo time with them,” Quandaisha stated. “They out of it.” Trip nodded, he could tell it was true. He took a seat near Quandaisha while Kaya went in the kitchen.

            “So, ya’ll got em?” Trip wondered, referring to Jigga and K-Swiss. Quandaisha picked up her blunt that lie on the table in front of her. She placed it in her mouth and lit it up.

            “Naw…” she replied. “Not both of em. Swiss dead, but Jigga still out there.” Kaya came back in the room and leaned on the wall with a drink in hand.

            “Word. Shit aint go too smooth for us either.” Trip added. “That nigga Taz man. Cuz made a clean get away.” Quandaisha shook her head.

            “What about Khia?” she asked.

            “Oh we got her ass.” Trip answered. “She at the morgue right now son.”

            “Yea,” K.D smirked. “I hit that bitch between the eyes.” He lifted his hand in the air pretending to shoot a gun. “ ‘Bang!’… You shoulda saw that bitch drop.”

            “Hell yea,” Trip agreed. “Too bad we missed that nigga Taz though.”

            “Man fuck that nigga cuz. He got his comin’ real soon, ya feel me dog?” K.D placed his hands in his pockets. There was a brief minute of awkward silence.

            “So… you got any word on Dia?” Trip asked.

            “I wish, but we can’t even ask around. Gotta lay low.” Quandaisha answered. “Word on the street is, the boys already raided Rachi’s spot. I even heard they took Meka in trynna get to TY.”

            “That’s some bull shit man.” Trip leaned against the wall and received the blunt from Quandaisha. “Who woulda thought them niggas had camera’s in Springdale.”