Staying Focused.....

Elena P.O.V

After a surprised appearance from Stefan yesterday I had to leave the house. I couldn't be near him after what he did to me. I knew it weren't his fault Klaus had made him turn off his humanity. But the Stefan we all knew was gone now. Damon looked pissed after his comment about keeping Siena 'entertained'. I knew he wanted to go after him and see what he was doing with her but he didn't he stayed with me. Siena looked terrible her skin was pale she looked like she hardly had any life left in her. Klaus had left her like that. He didn't even heal her she meant to be this important dimidium sanguinis. Why would he of left her in that state? Was it to prove some kind of point.

When I got back home lucky no one was there. I went up to my room and got ready for bed I climb in and all I did was cry. Every single thing that had happened flooded into my mind like a movie. A horror movie. Stefan was gone. Klaus made him turn off his humanity and I really don't know if he will ever come back. With seeing how he was at the boarding house he didn't appear to be the man I was in love with.

I eventually fell asleep I woke up to my alarm It was 5 AM. I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom and had a shower. I came out and got changed then went over to the mirror. I looked at the bite mark on her neck that Stefan had given me. The mental image came into my mind how he turned to me and drained my blood. I picked up my foundation and covered it with makeup. If I couldn't see it then it will just make me think it was a bad dream. I went out of my room downstairs to the kitchen Ric was there.

"Good morning" He didn't answer I think he had a hangover. After giving Ric a few black coffee we spoke about me defending myself. I think it was needed after what happened to me last night. Ric was willing to teach me. We left and made our way in to the woods. I was training on one of Ric's mannequins. He was showing me how to stake a vampire with a sleeve that had two stakes in it.

"So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes" he made it look easy I should pick this up pretty quick.

"Easy enough" I tried but the stakes stay in the sleeve "That's weird" I tried again but it doesn't work I looked at Ric "Must be jammed or something" he looked at me and took off the sleeve.

"You're not strong enough better start lifting some weights, put some meat on your bones" Thanks Ric nice way of putting it that I'm weak.

"Thanks for not sugar-coating it" He takes something out of his bag and shows it to me.

"You know what this is?" he asked me. I've defiantly see it before it was one of those vervain grenade.

"A vervain grenade. I've used one before" He smiled while tossing the grenade and catching it.

"Then you know the element of surprise is your only advantage when it comes to a vampire" He pulls the pin out of a grenade and throws it in my hands "Surprise" he shouts what the....

"Oh my god" I threw it in the air and the grenade explodes "This isn't a joke to me, Ric" I shouted he walked over to me. I felt like he weren't taking me seriously.

"You think I'm joking? Vampires will take whatever they want they will hurt whoever they want. And they'll do it without remorse. It's their nature" he told me in firmly, I knew what he meant would I be able to hurt Stefan.

"You don't have to use pronouns you can say Stefan" I'm a lot strong than people gave me credit for. He looked at me his face soften.

"Look, I get why you're here. Stefan hurt you, you don't want it to happen again..." I didn't need to hear this I cut him off

"But you think that I'm crazy to believe that I can protect myself from a vampire who's flipped the switch on his humanity" He sighed I knew it he had no faith in me what so ever. Well I'm going to prove him wrong.