Chapter 18 - Pain

Fall For Me

Hey guys!:) I would like to suggest that you'll be playing the song "If I Cried a Thousand Years" by RJ Helton for background music.

Pink Stallion,

Kate88:'(

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

---Sam's POV---

Why do I still get affected when I see Jake? I couldn't find the right answer. Is it because I still love him? I was certainly sure my answer was no. After all the painful words, I started seeing him as a different person.

I believe it was because I'm insanely pissed of him right now till' forever.

I was ashamed to see him, more like afraid. The reason why he broke up with me was because I wasn't good enough to be his girlfriend. I felt so under him and I shouldn't be feeling this way! I'll prove him wrong all right! And I will show him that jerks like him should never exist in this world!!! Ughh! Thick faced bastard!!! I wanna hit you with a metal hammer, full of thorns, dipped in poison and smelted in fire!!!!! Wow, I sound so evil...

Okay, I should stop talking in my thoughts now. Owen's probably thinking that I've still not gotten over with that scumbag.

From staring down blankly, I pulled my head up. As I was about to face Owen to regain my confidence, his face abruptly came so close to mine. The tip of our noses were only an inch apart. My heart suddenly raced. I observed Owen's eyes really really carefully for the first time. Such beautiful eyes, much more stunning than Justin's honestly... They were deep blue like the clear ocean waters, and luckily I didn't drown in them. He slowly shut his eyes as my body involuntarily enclosed the 1 inch gap. My nerves automatically pushed me towards him without my mind knowing it, but with my heart telling me so.

Then our lips met.

I didn't know why but this was what I felt like doing. Owen didn't move and he was in deep shock. We didn't make out but it looked more like a long peck. We froze with our lips together. I wanted him so bad. His warmth was so tempting, I wish we could stay like this forever.

But I pulled back a few inches away knowing that I'll be hurt anyways...

"Why did you kiss me?" I whispered. But then I realized I was the one who kissed him, causing me to blush hard.

"I was about to but you..." he breathed out.

He was about to? Why? And why did I kiss him all so suddenly? There was an awkward silence. He pulled me off my chair heading out the restaurant. Gripping my hand, he wanted me to traipse along his direction. The next thing I know, we were in my hotel room. Owen ordered me to start packing my things and yes it was an order.

"What? W-why? The conference hasn't end yet" I stuttered.

"I can't stay here any longer, and so will you, you worry too much about Jake." he explained.

"I am not worried about Jake!" I let out my shout. Tears ran down my cheeks so I quickly wiped them away.

"It's all over your face, it's so clear Sam, you still can't get over him!"

"Well you've judged wrong and so far the worst critique! Why are you mad at me anyway!? So that was why you tried to kiss me?! To stop me from worrying about that jerk?! Well you're more of a jerk than he is!" I screamed and felt more pain than ever. I felt so stupid for almost falling for Owen, knowing that he only acted nice lately because of what Jake has done.... I hope this isn't true, please... Please!