Chapter 2 - Break up

Fall For Me

This chapter is dedicated to the orange icon, Wattpad. Thank you for making this story possible:)
Now that you know who Jake is from the last chapter, lets see what this chapter reveals for a huge filler to his attitude:>

-------------------->>>>Photo to the right is Owen Kings:))<3

I love you guys! Keep supporting me:)

HUMONGOUS VANILLA HUGS,
Kate88<3

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

---Sam's POV---

"Holy glitz!" Britney screeched, eyeing us as if she was trying to say 'sorry but you're not lucky enough'. Her voice never failed to pinch my tranquilized body. They were briskly toned and high pitched. Owen should kiss her to shut her big mouth, but I wouldn't allow that. Crap, what did I just say?

"How come she gets paired up with a hottie? I mean, look at my partner!" A random girl from class complained. I turned my head over to where the offender was and took a glance over her partner. I felt bad for her pair though, not her. Just because he was a nerd, doesn't mean she could embarass him like that. And tracing from where this stupid problem began, Owen was whom I thought should be blamed. Why did he have to be such an attractive hot god anyway? Double crap, what was wrong with me today? Must be the traumatizing fall that inflicted my head this morning.

Britney has always been so obsessed Owen, and that was the reason why we usually ended up in a fight. Well she started it most of the time because she hated me for being too close to him.

It was lunch time now, Owen had still not come back. Should I go to the gym and look for him? Nah, I think he's fine, he's seventeen now, not eight. Why am I looking for him anyways.

"But seriously, I can't eat lunch without him. We can't help telling each other what happened in class together." I sighed, resting my elbows on the cafeteria table. This was a habitude of ours and we find it rude whenever one eats without the other. Dear Owen, I'm starving!

"Talking to yourself again huh?" Jake teased as he sat across me. I was really embarassed. Why couldn't I just keep my thoughts to myself?!

"So where's Owen?" he asked.

"He's probably still in the game, wanna go see him with me?" I suggested.

" Sam, look, we have to talk..."

" What's up?" I asked furrowing my brows. I didn't have a good feeling about this.

"Why do you care about him so much? Aren't I your boyfriend? You are spending more time with him than with me, don't you know that? What if you do like him?" He questioned seriously. Loads of questions came out of his mouth as if he memorized them for days.

"What in the world Jake! Are you questioning me about Owen? You know we don't see each other like that!" I talked back. People were staring at us as I blew my cool.

" Well I believe you don't understand the exact meaning of being in a relationship. Wake up Sam, I'm just stating the truth!"

" How could you be so selfish? Just because he's a guy and it makes it all wrong?!"

" Well you're not kids anymore, don't you think I get hurt seeing you with him? And not to mention, sleeping in one bed?!" He was trying to point out that I cheated on him.

Okay, how in the world did he find out we did that? But there was nothing to be afraid of, I could explain.

"You've got the wrong idea Jake, we jus~...."

" You know what, enough is enough. Our conversation isn't getting any better. I can't do this anymore, this has gone too far. Sam, my friends even said I'm dating a two timer. If this keeps going on, we're over." Jake assured as he paced out the cafeteria.

As soon as those tormenting words echoed out his lips, I felt like I spent the whole year being his girlfriend for nothing. What was up with him? He wasn't like the Jake I knew for months. Was he playing on me? I thought I was strong enough to overcome puny problems like these but what he carried out instantly made me feeble. The heavy pumping of my blood caused my body to react unsoundly. So this was how getting dumped felt like. I felt really rejected. How could he just rant me like this so suddenly? He didn't even wait for my explanation. He had given me the toughest choice, which was to choose between them. Owen's friendship or his love. Just like that, it was all over. Should I be blaming myself?

Everyone was giving me weird stares. Some people were smirking while others felt sorry for me. I felt abashed so I stood up and ran out to the silent hallway, farther from the pressuring crowd. I stood there all alone hearing nothing but my heavy gasping. Everything I gazed upon blurred as I forced my tears not to escape my lids. But my hoarse breathing was shaking me. All those 'I love you' and 'forever and only' habitual lines that felt so genuine... All lies! If he truly loved me, he shouldn't have left me like that. I do love him for a reason but now I had to choose. Should I stay away from Owen and be with Jake? Or should I keep our friendship with Owen and break up with J~...

I felt pain as a rubber band flew and snapped my back, causing me to stop my thoughts. " Sam! Sam! Sam! We won the game!!! There you are, I've been searching for you like everywhere!"

It was Owen, what should I do? I quickly covered my face and hid my teary eyes. I knew this was too obvious but I was ashamed for him to find out that I might get dumped by my boyfriend. He never approved of Jake to be 'the one' for me but I insisted that he was wrong. We fought about minding our own businesses when it comes to our love life and ending it, he warned me that he would never clean up shattered heart pieces. He's very overprotective of me when it comes to my love life and I secretly liked him for that. But not exactly the 'like' like 'crush' of thing, just a bit similar in some ways.

"Hey Sam, I just announced we won the game, aren't you happy for me? At least give me a bear hug?" he begged. But as soon as he noticed my emotion, his excitement faded away.

"Sam? You okay? Was the rubber band that I whacked to you too painful?" he carefully cupped my face and tried to get my hands off it.

He continued to bug me and check on me but I couldn't even answer him. My sobbing went worse as I thought of my best friend concerning me. This was a tough choice.

All of a sudden, he hugged me feebly and wrapped his arms around me. The sweet warm hug that I always craved for when I needed a shoulder to cry on. My tears were staining his shirt but he didn't let go. He never welcomed body fluids for he was Mr. Clean-Freak-Jerk but he welcomed mine fully today. Oh Owen...

" I thought I was the one who would finally get a bear hug for an award but it ends up that you'll be getting one from me today instead. Please don't cry, I'm here for you now, you'll be fine. Umm... Lazy hog is here for Pumba" he caressed my back softly. What he said made me break even harder. I was not sure why I was reacting this way but I struggled for oxygen as I realized how much my lungs craved for it. What I was sure of right now was that I would never let go of Owen and our friendship.

I didn't feel like joining class anymore and so did Owen so we decided to ditch class. P.E. And some minor subjects were left for the afternoon and I'd rather spend my time on ice cream and paper towels. He held my hand and carefully led me to his car driving me away somewhere.

" I'm sorry..." were the first words that came out my mouth.

"Why are you apologizing? When did the pig finally decided to actually say sorry to the wolf?" he joked as he tried his best to make me smile.

Well it was not working, he was so bad in jokes that no one even ever gagged out once. We didn't say a word after that. The car was dead silent and all we could hear was the grumbling engine.

After a while, he parked his car at a familiar place.

" Remember this field? It's where we hanged out when we were little." He smiled.

" Isn't this the extended lot of your airline company?" I remembered. Owen's chauffeur used to drive us here when our parents were busy when little.

He nodded and led me out the car. The field was not used for flying planes for it was too beautiful to demolish. It was a wide hectare land and the colorful plants grew out on the right places, making it seem like nature had better skills than garden designers. It was a remote beautiful imaginary place where life approaches perfection, an idyllic hideaway. On the northern side of eden, there played the most mellow sounding music arising from a river. The calm flowing water created soothing euphony, bringing out just enough lyrical tunes for the soul. One word could describe it, paradise. Maybe this was heaven in earth.

" Stunning isn't it?" He felt the cold breeze pass us.

"Mm-hmm" I smiled. Regardless with the pain I was feeling, this place felt so amazing, I couldn't help myself to chill out.

" Finally! Pumba is smiling!" he cheered childishly as we sat down the grass.

"So, what's up? Mind explaining young lady?" He asked as his face slowly shifted into a serious gaze. I tried looking away from his face but then he lied down, having the advantage to see me in all 360 degrees. Crap, he was so pro.

"I'm breaking up with Jake." I quickly confessed as my eyes watered again. I stared down trying to avoid myself from visualizing Owen's reaction. This was what I regretted for being a girl. We truly were weaker than men.

I slowly pulled my head up to get a quick glance of him. He was still lying down on the ground but he looked so angered, I wouldn't even dare myself to describe his state. Clenching his fist, he was evidently about to nag at me. Phrases like 'told you so' was what I deserved and what I was expecting to hear but then he kept silent. He was learning how to be in control and that was something new about him. Or maybe... Maybe he took his words seriously. That he would never help fix my heart if it was broken by Jake.

I told him the whole thing, including the painful details and specific heart-nudging words. Then he started blaming himself.

"So you choose to be with me?"

"Yes" I assured him. "Nothing will break our friendship, I promise. Not even if lighting strikes us apart.... Man, I sound so cheesy." I smiled shamefully. "Oh, and Owen? Please don't blame yourself, I would never regret having you as my best friend" I told him as I finally looked into his blue eyes peculiarly. Wow, they sparkled like blue gems.

"Can I hug you?" I could see he was earnest for it.

"No" I answered quickly.

"Too late." he said as he pulled me and swiftly stole a hug from me. I crashed into his chest as he hugged me really tight with his back on the grass, still lying down. His warm arms wrapped and protected me from the chilly breeze and God, it was so comfortable. I can smell his addicting baby scent which was so good.

"Thank you Sam for being my best friend."

"I couldn't thank you more." I uttered and gave him a peck on the cheek. He deserved that but that surely was unexpected.

I lied down on his thigh area, breaking our fresh hug. We had formed a 'T' shape on the soft grass then a sudden thought wandered into my mind, asking myself if the title 'best friend' was enough. But I quickly shoved it away for it felt wrong. So wrong.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

< Don't forget to vote guys if you felt Sam's place. Or maybe if you wished to have a guy friend like Owen;) >