Chapter Thirteen

"I’ll have to go hunt today, darling." Edward came up behind me and covered my neck with kisses.

"But haven’t you just been?" I complained and turned to him, demanding his lips’ attention.

"Yes." He sighed. "But I am still not completely vegetarian, and for the time I am not, and while your blood is singing to me, I will not risk your life by going thirsty."

"Alright, you’ve persuaded me."

"It won’t take too long, my love."

"I hope so. For your sake. Because if you’re not back by tonight, I’m personally going out there to get you." I laughed and jumped into his arms.

I was so unbelievably happy to be with Edward, I could not even put it into words. Imagine a feeling when all your dreams have come true, and you find yourself happier than you have ever imagined yourself to be. That would be what I felt like.

And I would never have to fear for Edward’s life.

I sighed and kissed him one last time. "Remember; nightfall."

Edward laughed. "One could almost think you were overprotective, if not jealous, Bea."

"I am. Because I love you." I grumbled.

Edward let out another heavenly laugh and bent down to look at me with those mesmerizing topaz eyes. "You have nothing to fear, love. The only company I’ll have is that of animals, and I think they could even do without me, if it went after them."

I smiled and kissed him goodbye, watching him disappear in the woods. Then I turned to get ready for work.

"You know, Bee..." Sarah started when we were getting the coiffeur saloon ready for the first customers. "...that man of yours..."

"Edward." I beamed, my heart skipping at the mere mention of his name.

"Okay, so Edward." Sarah stayed silent, concentrating on wiping the already spotless counter.

"What about him?" I asked, getting suspicious.

"Well... is he... are you engaged to him?"

"No." I replied, wondering why Sarah would care. "Why?"

"It’s just... Bee, the people start talking."

"Talking about what?"

"I mean, Edward’s been with you for, what, two months now?"

I nodded.

"And he’s living with you."

I nodded again.

"So it’s just the two of you living in that house, with no parents or other family. And you aren’t married."

I almost let out a dry laugh when I realized what Sarah was going on about. She was worrying about my reputation and my innocence.

Mine, of all people’s. A former prostitute.

I smiled at Sarah. "I know what you mean to tell me. Be assured your worries are unnecessary."

"Think about your reputation, child." She reminded me, then let the topic drop.

I shrugged. I was the last one to care about what others thought of me. As long as Edward was with me.

Edward’s P.O.V.

While I was following my prey’s trail, I thought of Bea. My beautiful Bea.

She had changed in those five months it had taken me to find her, she had lost that sickly skinniness. I was also glad to see that she had managed breaking free from the drugs and that she had gotten rid of those horrible peroxide blonde curls.

What I was happiest about, though, was that she was mine.

I was done hunting and was just turning to leave when I perceived another presence. Another vampirepresence.

I decided to just wait for the other to show himself.

No, not himself. I realized with raised eyebrows at the appearance of the other vampire. Herself.