Chapter 9 - Analyzing the Enemy

Chapter Nine - Analyzing the Enemy

Energy Falls proves true to its name.  Legend, Fantasy, and Treasure fly so fast I fear falling off.  Treasure is not quite as fast as the others, however.  Muse is right behind us.  Treasure drops lower and makes some sharp turns.  This seems to catch Muse off guard.  She slows down and disappears.

We land on a cliff.  "I should be able to see something from up here," Legend explains. "We are not far from Hecca's Headquarters now."

"The white rabbit was Muse," Fantasy says.  "She can change form and make herself appear and disappear.  I wish I would have had more time to read her thoughts.  I'm sure she knows where Evan is."

"And the black horse who tied you up with the vines was probably Thunder," Jacob says.  "We encountered both of them before," he explains to Kayla.

"Are Caitlin and Ryan here too?" Kayla asks.

"No," I say. "But Wakanda, the leader of the good horses, sent these magic horses with us to help rescue you.  Tell us your story."

Kayla begins.  "I think we arrived at the middle of the island, where we did not see any animals.  We tried to find Rainbow Falls, but ended up at Energy Falls instead.  It was Muse who found us first.  She took us to see Hecca.  We didn't realize they were evil until they led us into an old building, then trapped us inside.  Evan tried to use his wizard powers to help us escape, but his powers do not work here. We escaped when a unicorn came to bring us some food.  Evan pretended to be really sick, and when the unicorn came into the room to check on him, we bolted out of there.  We hid in a cave for a few days, then tried to find our way to the other side of the island.  That's when Muse and Thunder stopped us again."

"I'm so glad that you're okay!" Lizzie and I say in unison.

"I think I see Evan!" Legend interrupts.  "He is grooming Hecca."

I look down below but there are a lot of trees in the way and I don't see anything else.  Thank goodness for Legend's super sight!

"Wakanda said Hecca wanted to keep Kayla and Evan as her slaves.  How many horses are with Hecca?  Do we dare going down there where she is?  How powerful is she?" Jacob asks.

"There are probably only about eight horses on this side of the island, but they still outnumber us," Legend explains.  "Hecca's greatest power is over fire.  That is why Treasure was sent to Rainbow Island, as he also has power over fire.  I hoped Thunder would come back to our side too, as he could create rainstorms to put out any fires Hecca would create.  But that is not the case.  Muse is also a formidable opponent.  She is very cunning and can get past my super sight by making herself appear and disappear.  I think we should get some rest for now and then put together a plan for how to rescue Evan,"

"Will the other horses be able to find us here?" Lizzie asks. 

Legend answers.  "I think they may wait for us to come to them.  But we should take turns staying awake in case any of them approach us.

Treasure and Fantasy appear to be exhausted.  I think the rest of us are too excited to sleep, but we do catch a few winks here and there. For just a minute I wonder what is happening at home?  Home seems like a million miles away, and for all I know, it might be.