Chapter 11 - Fighting Fire with Hecca

Chapter Eleven - Fighting Fire with Hecca

We fly down off of the cliff and land right next to Hecca's Headquarters.  I feel like I am in a movie!  This is so awesome!  Except it's not a movie.  If something goes wrong, we could be in serious trouble!   I pray for safety.

I see three magic horses approaching: Thunder, Muse, and a golden unicorn.  "Is that the one that was holding you prisoner?" I ask Kayla. 

"Yes," she answers.  "His name is Forever and he supposedly has a magic arrow.  If it strikes near someone's heart, their heart will be hardened and their feelings at that moment will last forever.  Unless they make it to Rainbow Falls to be cleansed."

Legend looks at Kayla.  "Go and find Evan," he orders.

I wish we could all stay together, but this time it is the horses making the plans, and we people following their directions. 

We run towards an old building.  Kayla leads us to a dark room.  "Evan?!" she calls.

Evan is there, behind a locked door with bars in it, like a prison cell.  But Evan is lying on a cot and does not respond.

"Is he dead?" Lizzie shrieks.

Jacob fumbles with the lock.  Treasure stares intently at the door.  In just a few minutes, the door swings open!

Jacob and Kayla rush to Evan.  He lets out a moan.  I notice that his shirt is ripped and there is a bloody wound on his chest.

"Stay away!" Evan yells.  "Forever used his magic arrow on me.  Hecca was angry with him because we escaped from him, so he got me back by striking me down when I was feeling at my worst.  Now I will be angry and fearful forever!  I came to this island for a fun adventure, but it has turned out to be a nightmare instead!  Leave me here and save yourselves!"

"We aren't leaving without you!  You only need to get to Rainbow Falls and you will be healed!" Kayla says.  "Are you in a lot of pain?  You can ride on Fantasy."

Evan's eyes are dilated and his movements are wooden.  He appears to be in a state of shock and refuses to come.  Fantasy touches him with her wings and sings.  Evan quickly falls asleep and the rest of us carry him out of the room and lift him on to Fantasy.  Then we turn to head out of the building. 

But ahead of us is a reddish-brown pegasus standing with her wings outstretched and her front legs in the air.  "You are in my territory now!" she hisses. "And none of you are leaving!  At least not alive!" 

"Hecca!" Kayla gasps.

"Yes, Hecca," the horse answers.  She lets out a big breath which turns to fire.  Hecca has set the building on fire!

"We need to get down low and make our way through the fire," Jacob says, "or we won't make it out of the building."

I worry about the horses.  They can't get down as low as the rest of us can.  Treasure walks into the fire first.  He starts blowing the fire back in the other direction.  I can't believe it, but it is working!  Then I see Hecca again.  She tries to blow the fire back at us.  It is like a tug of war game only it is fire instead of a rope being pulled back and forth!

We make it outside, but can barely see, due to the smoke in our eyes. We can barely hear either, due to loud, deafening thurnder.  Hecca bites Treasure, giving him a burn, but then another huge horse comes flying into Hecca, knocking her down.  Rain is pouring down and the fire dissipates, but I still can't see what is going on. The thunder lets up, and  I think I hear Fantasy singing. "Hecca is asleep!" I hear her exclaim. 

I hear Legend's voice answer "Good work!"  It must have been him who knocked down Hecca.  "But we couldn't have done it without your help too, Thunder.  How much longer will this rain last?"

"Just long enough for you to get away before anyone else can stop you," Thunder says.

"Thunder is on our side now?" Kayla asks.

"For now," Legend answers.

"But where is Whisper?" Lizzie asks.

"Whisper and Muse are still in battle," Legend says.  "But as I said, she can't be hurt.  She will catch up to us later.  Jacob and Lizzie, you can ride on me.  Kayla can ride on Fantasy along with Evan.  Shamira, you have Treasure.  It's time to go!"

"But Treasure is hurt!" I say.

"I can make it," Treasure replies.  And we are off.