Chapter 10

Chapter 10  

Harry's POV 

"You remember Stan? Well this story is to do with him. It started when I was at his school." Louis began.  

"Yeah." I replied. I knew it was about Stan but what did he do? Louis took a deep breath before answering me question.  

"He was assigned to be my buddy and show me around the school since I was new. We hit it off instantly and we soon became best friends. We'd gotten closer and closer until we were so close people thought we were dating. We were that close. I guess you could call it a bromance. Stan kept telling everyone that we weren't dating. That we were just friends but no one believed him. We told each other everything. We did everything together. We were pretty much inseparable." He told me.  

What happened to turn Stan like that? I thought to myself.  

Louis took another breath before continuing quieter than before.  

"We were both on the football team in junior years and one day we were both getting changed in the change rooms afterwards. It was just me and him. We were just chatting about whatever like we normally did and then." Louis said. I looked up at his face to see tears streaming down his face slowly. I raised my hand up to his cheek and carefully stroked away the tears.  

"You don't have to tell me." I said to him, still gently stroking his cheek. He shook his head before quickly swiping away the tears with the back of his hand before taking a deep breath and continuing.  

"And then. He. He grabbed my hand, pulled me to him, lifted up my face to look at him before he leaned down and kissed me. I don't know why he did but he just did. He never told me he was gay or even that he was confused. He just kissed me. When his lips met mine, I stood there shocked before pushing him away. I asked him what was that for and then he snapped. He. He looked at me and his eyes were full of anger. He said to me that I had to quit the football team and if anyone asked, I had to say that I had kissed him and that I was gay when I wasn't! He told me that if I told anyone, he would hurt everyone I loved. The last words he said to me before turning away was I hate faggots. " Louis said, before fully breaking down into tears. I moved to sit next to him and wound my arms around him, pulling him closer to me.  

I let him cry into my shirt as I kissed his hair.  

"I quit the football team as he told me to do and we were no longer friends. Everyone thought we had just broken up since they thought we were dating but then Stan spread the rumour that I had kissed him and broke up with him. The news spread like wild fire around the whole school until everyone knew. I ended up being ignored and rejected so I begged my parents to let me move schools and so I moved here." He mumbled into my chest.  

"The weird thing is... I was so convinced I wasn't gay until I met you." He said to me.  

"I'm glad that all that happened." I said into his hair.  

"Why?" he asked, his face scrunched up in confusion as he looked up at me.  

"Because I would never have met you if it didn't." I said to him. His face twisted into a smile before he removed his face from my shirt and leaned in and kissed me gently.  

"That's so cheesy." He said, smiling at me.  

"But you love it." I said, winking at him. He laughed and nodded.  

"Ok. So what's the next step in becoming popular, Mr Popular?" He asked me. Now it was my turn to scrunch up my face in confusion.  

"What do you mean?" I asked him.