Chapter 31

"Ugh... you're back!" I said, congested with my own blood.
"You want me to let go? Okay..."
"No!" My friends and classmates yelled at the same time.
"But that'd be unwise, your immunity is fascinating. Once I unlock those strong emotions, you and I will be dominant." His hand gestures made my head bounce up and down.
"Stop moving, I'm gonna vomit!" I said.
"Sorry about that..." He said. "and, uh... about this."
"About what?"
"You said you're immune to electricity, right?"
"Uh-huh."
"Well... what if too much of what you already have can, uh... charge you?"
"What if it overcharges and kills me?"
"You can find out right now." His meaty fingers slipped away from my neck. As everyone gasped in horror, I had a millisecond to have a small glimpse of them. Sarra was right, there were more of Mr. André. It held each and every one of my friends, including my classmates, captive. Although, Alice tackled a doppelganger before it could even lay its hands on her. The second one that she tackled, it was right behind me. But I was too late, unfortunately, I have fallen. The cold water froze the veins on my eyes. I feel that tingling sensation on my bones again. My bone marrow is overheating with pressure. This is way worse than getting a flu shot. Or getting your ribs fractured. Or getting bit by a beast. This is so much, all too much. I can't breathe underwater, or above water. But how come I'm not dead yet? This is supposed to kill me because it's too much. Or is it? Maybe it was supposed to make me stronger, or greater.
The back of my head pulled my upper body down at the bottom of the tank. I can see through the glass, and seeing my friends stand helpless like that and hoping they could save me actually caused me great pain. I guess seeing the ones I love in pain is much worse than being electrocuted, no matter how deadly it looks and how many volts it acquires. I hear their pained muffled yelling from all the way inside this humongous water tank. I wish I could swim around this tank, but I see a clone blocking my only exit and light source, above. It could have been worse, I thought. It's a good thing that I held my breath as my neck slipped away from Mr. André's grip.
I turn my head and all I can hear was the gurgling of the water that surrounds me. All this liquid that entered my ears made me deaf. My everything is occupied with liquid matter but at some point, I could still float around and just relax, not worrying about how long I could hold my breath. Mr. André jumps down and holds up two fingers and mouthed a two-syllable word. Two minutes, I thought, two minutes inside this tank. I tried to pull myself up and stand up, but I ended up wobbling around the enclosed aquarium. How can I steady myself if everything else is in the way? The water, the electricity, so much pressure. I can't hold on much longer. My hair felt soggy and my contact lenses escaped from my eyes. The blurriness of my universe and the weight of my problems, I can't stop them, I can't prevent them from resuming.
Vibrant colors dance around the tank as I looked through the glass, but not happily. Some of the brightest colors collapse on the floor, presumably dead, since they turned into dimmer highlights of their predecessor. I've done things that I shouldn't have done, I hate this, I hate this. But I have to stop myself from interfering, I just want to float and wobble around like I always wanted to. Like what I always wished for since I learned how to walk. I wish I could dream all of this off. But a voice of serenity spoke to me and said, "Find descretion deep inside you... you'll make it out. All of you will. Just stop worrying, child, let... it... flow..." Jackson, Jackson, Jackson, all I can do is thank you. He's right, just go with the flow. Look at what happened, I fell on a tank-full of water and didn't drown or kill me. It made me even stronger and wiser.
As I continue floating around the tank, Mr. André, or whoever who looks like him, pounds on the glass and pointed at his watch, times up. I pressed my face against the glass and tried to stay still. I hear the rumbling of the seal getting removed above me. I don't know how to explain it, but everything, and I mean literally, for the last time, everything is gone. The hindrances, the anger, the sadness and fear... gone. I can escape when I want to, be free when I want to and be happy because I let everything else flow. I was the hindrance that wanted to prevent things, but I flow now, like raging river. Like rainstorms and waterfalls, I pour unstoppably. This is where I am truly clear. Everything else before was just plastic, fake. But not anymore.