Chapter 26

I felt Sarra's neck scorching with heat on my shoulder. "Ow!" I yelped and backed away too much and two blocks of ice crumbled down my scorched shoulder.
"Jess, stop moving!" Ace said.
"It was Sarra. She burned me." I said. I blew some air on my burn.
"Sarra, Sarra, you need to calm down. We're gonna make it out alive." Zach said.
"Ow!" Alice exclaimed. "Something hit my--" She tossed her gloves off the small cliff and tried to catch something small. Is it a fly? Is it a butterfly? I'm sure it bounces, particularly a marble that slips off your hand.
"Zach, Alice found it!" I alerted him.
"No!" Alice screams as she struggles to keep the slippery marble steady on her hand and watching it leap out of her hands.
"No, no, no, no, no, no! I got it!" Ace stretched his everything out, leaving himself suspended at the edge of the cliff. Zach pressed his hands on Ace's ankles to keep him steady, and to prevent him from plummeting to his death.
"Did you get it?" Robert asked as he leaned forward to check on Ace.
"Yeah, this is easy, we'll make it " He grunted.
"Help him up, Robert." Zach said. They start pulling on his jeans. I hear that crumbly noise again.
"Guys!"
"What?" Said Alice.
"Don't... move..." I whispered while Ace stiffened his legs and clutched the marble.
"Just move slowly" Zach said. My heartbeat is so fast, I could see the snow turn green. What is happening?
"Guys, guys, guys, stop! The ice is crumbling from down here!" Ace said. The rumbles grew louder and every piece of ice block collapse. We were frozen like ice blocks, and we, as well, fell too.
Salted tears froze as they fly out of my eyes like the exploding cinder block. My eyelashes had ice crystals, I could barely close them. My eyelids were frozen stiff, they had no gravity and had no way of shutting. No way, no connection, nothing. This is just like how I fell off the building, except... I had no fear. I was not capable of anything, I'm incapable of helping because they were way down there. From a not-so-far distance, I could see Robert's temple dripping with blood and a dash of snow on his hair. Seeing him close to being lifeless was similar to gazing at a vivid mirror. Nothing else was wrong, nothing else was right, it's normal to be afraid. But this... it is way too normal to occur.
The mist blinding half of us not only obscured our vision, but it also helped me, mostly us. Fear would have caused the worst destructions in this world, but instead, it protected us from dangers. Things happen, period. Fear controlled me and that was not a bad thing. I felt the electrifying sensation on my body again, it's all the same, but the nose-bleeding was completely different. The warm and dreadful turned cold as it started lacking scent. The center of my brain felt like it ruptured and obliterated its veins. It popped continuously. As my back bones crack and my quick breathing ceased, I felt all my energy that's been stored inside me lunge out freely and render my lungs useless.
The last thing I remember, minutes before we were rescued, was a flat and transparent, glass-like platform that actually saved and protected us. We landed right on top of it. I was so close to losing my life, but I saw something underneath the platform. Fear, I thought. After the incident, it was a blackout. All the excitement, it ended as dimly abrupt.