Chapter 6

6:34 p.m., it's been three hours since he punched me in different areas of my body. I leaned against my bedroom door and rubbed the side of my aching face. It throbbed and pulsed, like my collapsing lungs. I stare at my window and the red-orange sky darkens and turns into dark blue. I decided that staring at walls and being miserable was not helpful at all, so I stood up turned the knob. It merely opened, it's locked.
I pushed my arm, my abilities failed. I kicked and yelled for help, still nobody. No phasing, no strength, no escape. Please help...
"Hello?" I called. "Anybody there?"
I kept on knocking, all it did was make a rattling noise on the knob. "Let me out of here! Mom!"
"I'm sorry, Jess." She said. "You disobeyed me, and I have no choice but to lock and neutralize your powers."
"Neutralize my powers?"
"Yes, I attached the ring to your doorknob so you won't try to escape."
"But, mom, this isn't fair! I'm innocent!"
"Sorry, you're just not responsible yet. You cannot be trusted to use those powers."
"I didn't even use my powers!" But she was gone already. Although, she still had time to whisper, "Go to bed".

I stare at the ceiling until midnight. I lay on my back and wrapped myself in a cozy blanket. I sleep with my socks and my sweater. I look like a cancer patient, but it's only asthma and diabetes. I kept on asking myself, "Why? Why me? What did I ever do? I'm sure I'm a good kid, but why me?".
Suddenly, I drifted to sleep. Peacefully, in all my years. I wish I lived like this. I mean, I'm gonna die while other people keep on rubbing it in my face that I should just die already. Can't it just wait? I'm not going to rush my own death.

"Jess..." My brother said.
"What? Are you gonna punch me again?" I could barely open my eyes without my glasses.
"No, Jess, it's not Henry. It's the kid from the street."
"Huh?"
"We have to go, c'mon. Let's go, we have to move."
"What happened?" He pulls my right arm and he grabs my inhaler and glasses. "Wait, how did you--"
"There's no time for explanations!"
"Just tell me what's going on!"
"Okay, fine... your mom is taking your powers away from you. We're here to help."
"I'm sorry, we?"
"Me and the other kids."
" Wait, why is my mom trying to take my powers away from me?"
"Because your brother needs them more than you do. But she's wrong, injecting your an Innate's power to a human being could actually kill them."
"Come on!" I said. "Let's go out the window." But I realized that that's how he ended up in my room. Someone pounds on the door and Ace appears infront of it.
"Come on!" He said, pushing his back against the shaking door.
"Jess! Let me in! I need your powers!" Her voice sounded so masculine, I started to think that it's my brother.
"Was that your mom? She has a deel voice."
"No, stupid!" I stepped on the windowpane and climbed out. Then it was the blonde kid and Ace. I shut it tightly. After that, the door bursts in, the door hinges weren't identified anymore. "Show your face, coward!" I took a deep breath and leaned against the roof.
"I have the syringe, you can come out now!"
"Jump, come on." Ace said, throwing himself off the roof.
"Jess, you're stuck!" I looked back and found my sweater's zipper stuck between the window and the pane. I tried pulling it out, but opening the window is acquired. He's gonna see me.
"Just open it." He said.
"What's taking you guys so long?" Ace said.
"Jess is stuck!" The blonde boy whispered loudly.
"Really? Just pull him out!"
"We're trying!"
I looked through the window, and our eyes constantly intertwined. Shoot, I'm dead. He walked fast towards me angrily. I could see the fiery look on his reddish-brown veiny eyes. The sweat on his thick forehead rolled down as I try to roll up my window. I squat down to steady myself. His fingers land on the window's glass. At the same time, the window elevates as I did the opposite. I somersaulted my way down the roof, luckily, Ace broke my fall.