Chapter 8

AN Italics section in the words of J Cole with a few changes
Drew and Maya on top in pic and Anna and Marissa on the bottom

Drew P.O.V

I ran my fingers through her hair as she laid in my lap. I kept the wet towel on her forehead keeping her cooled down. She groaned automatically touching her head. She tried to sit up but I gently pushed her back down.

"Where am I?" She asked.

"At home, in my room. Just stay still okay." I assured.

"What happened?"

"I was in class and we all heard something hit the door. Everyone got up and when we opened it, it was you. I told Mr. Russ I'd take you to the nurse but I brought you home instead. What's wrong Maya?"

"Why do you even care Drew? I'm a fùcking booty call remember."

I ran my hand over my face moving her off me.

"Why do you have to keep bítching at me Maya. I say dumb shít when you piss me off that I don't mean. I love Marissa okay but I like you. I don't know what to do Maya shít!"

I got up walking toward the door when I heard Maya mumbling.

"What the fùck did you say?!"

"I'm pregnant you asśhole." She breathed.

"You're lying."

"Oh I'm lying! You think being related to you by marriage is enough but to have a whole kid with you is forever Drew! I don't wanna be pregnant by you. I don't want to have a baby with such an ignorant asśhole like you! I should've been studying and getting straight A's instead of laying down with a grade D nigga like you!"

"Get rid of it."

"Excuse me?"

"I said get rid of it."

She got up coming toward me when she reached for the door to leave. I grabbed her and held her there.

"Maya we can't have a kid. Im not ready to be a father. I'm 16 Maya! Its not like I don't wanna be here for you but I can't do this. I don't wanna get married, I mean I don't know if I wanna be with you like that forever. I'm not tryna fight with you Maya but you gotta think about it from all angles. I'm not about to have a kid and live off my daddy for the rest of my life. Imma put my kid through life not my dads pocket book. And I'm just not financially ready for that Maya. Imagine all the looks we gone get at school. Finding out Maya been fúcking her brother. And our parents are gonna be pissed! Are you really okay with that? I mean I wouldn't just leave you alone but damn this ain't no perfect world we living in Maya. I can't have this kid with you."

"Nigga you got the nerve to come up to me talkin' bout abortion?! This my body nigga so don't think you finna force shít! See I knew that this is how you would act, so typical, it figures though, should've known that you was just another nigga. No different from them other niggas knowing all the right things to say! I let you hit it raw mothafúcker now I'm pregnant you don't wanna get involved muthafúcker! Tryna take away a life, is you God mothafúcker? I don't think so this a new life up in my stomach. Regardless if I'm with you this new life here I'mma love it! I ain't budging, I'll do this by my muthafúcking self! See my momma raised me without no muthafúcking help from a man. But I still don't understand how you could say that, did you forget all those conversations that we had way back, bout your mother and you told me that you hate that bítch talkin' bout she a coward and you so glad that she ain't here cause she left you and she ain't shít. And here you go doin' the same shít , you ain't shít nigga!"

I felt her hand come across my face before she pushed me and walked out. This shouldn't be happening to me right now. I don't deserve this. Everything is all fúcked up. I turned punching the wall and felt my hand go through it. It felt so good to hit something. I took a breath and pulled my hand back grabbing my keys. I looked down the hall seeing Mayas door locked. I wish she could understand where I'm coming from. I walked downstairs out the front door and got in my car.