Chapter 57

I am sorry for the late update, please check out readable on my profile, I bet you will like it. It's a com-romance thing. Idk why I feel like people hate this story? Do you want me to take it down? ENJOY XOXO

And after all, I have a funeral to plan. I started feeling like my presence around anyone will cost him his life. I felt deadly. Like a disease.

I stood by the tomb stones at our local cemetery. I visit this place more than school.

"Today we are gathered here, to say goodbye" said the priest.

Everyone around me wore black. Some family friends and my friends too, even people from school. Neighbors too and others that I didn't know. I was standing behind the priest and the others all sat on wooden chairs.

"Goodbye... To a great loss, from among our people"

Harry sat on one of the chairs in the front row, beside him his father and what I assumed his mother. He bowed his head when he caught my eye. I noticed how his eyes were bloody red. He looked so exhausted, he couldn't even form a smile. He wore black too.

I have always asked. Why black? Why black would be dedicated to the sound of sadness and misery and death.

"Olivia and Jeff Steward, a mother and her son"

I scanned the rest of the rows until I saw some golden spikes.

His blue eyes caught mine and immediately looked down. His mother had her hands around his shoulder. A tear left his eye.

Seriously. You are the one crying? I don't know when did I hate him. But it must have been among the process of him, killing my heart.

They say you can't hate someone you love. That is true. But I used hate as it's the strongest I can say. I was gutted. Gutted to the point that I don't even want to think about him anymore. Nor anyone.

"A great mother and a wonderful son" said the priest.

Who was he talking about? Them?!

With all respect to the dead but they are far from great and wonderful.

They are vicious and wicked and twisted and everything bad. They ruined my life, and my parents lives and my friends lives.

"In the ground they are. And in the ground we go. May they rest in peace and meet their beloved ones in the high paradise"

A round of a "Amen" surrounded the place. But I didn't care to say it. I knew something changed in me, I couldn't put my finger on it.

-

"My condolence sweetheart, If you need anything. Please Inform me" said my English teacher.

"Thank you, it means a lot that you came"

"Oh, no problem". She said in her very sweet voice.

The conversation ended there. Harry walked over.

"Hey soul collector" he joked.

"Hey soul collector's assistant" I joked too. Leave it to us to make the most lame jokes ever.

"How are you coping?" His expression turned serious. I looked behind him saying "good".