Chapter Twelve

"I'm nervous." Stella exclaimed as she hopped out of the cab holding onto the outstretched hand of Quinton's for his help.

"What do you have to be nervous about?"

"What if she doesn't like me?" I laughed at that and shook my head. Stella frowned and brushed her hands over the front of her dress, smoothing it down.

"That's ridiculous sis. And besides, knowing Ava, she's probably more nervous than you."

"She shouldn't be. Anyone that manages to put up with you gets praise from me." Stella joked with small smirk on her face. I nudged her body softly with my shoulder with a roll of my eyes and motioned Quinton and her to follow me.

We had come to Ava's apartment straight from the airport. I thought I'd get the whole little meeting between my sister and my girlfriend over with as soon as possible. I knew or hoped that they would click since their personalities weren't all that different. One thing that I knew for sure they could bond over was their love for that dude, Chris Hemsworth. What did they see in that guy?

Sliding my key into the door, I unlocked it and turned the knob before calling out Ava's name. Lana Del Ray blared throughout the apartment which was a dead giveaway at just how nervous Ava was feeling at that moment. This was her way of calming those said nerves.

I moved swiftly through the hallway to the kitchen and found Ava dancing effortlessly with a slight swing of her hips as she stirred what seemed to be whipped cream in a bowl. I watched her for a beat in adoration. She was clueless to our presence in the kitchen. Not wanting to embarrass her even though she looked beautiful the way she moved gracefully, I tapped the sound system and switched off the music.

Ava spun on her heels automatically and her mouthed opened in shock to find Quinton, Stella and I standing before her. Her cheeks reddened and she bit on her lip whilst placing the bowl on the countertop and then wiping her hands along the front of the apron.

"Hey, baby." I greeted her softly, moving to where she stood.

"Um, hi," she returned as I folded her into my arms and hugged her tight. "You could have warned me that you were here." Ava hissed in my ear quietly making me chuckle. I pulled back and leaned down to kiss her. What I wanted to be a full blown, tongue thrusting kiss only resulted in a peck because Ava moved away before I could turn into one.

She glanced over to where Stella and Quinton stood and again, her cheeks reddened in embarrassment. I sighed and decided I'd take advantage of her later.

"This is Ava." I introduced my girlfriend as I walked her to where my sister and her husband stood.

"Ava, this is my sister Stella and this is Quinton."

"Hi." Ava held out her hand which Stella ignored and instead pulled her into a hug. I smiled at the shocked expression on Ava's face.

"It's so nice to meet you." Stella told Ava as she squeezed her. Pulling back, she smiled bright. "I can't believe my older brother finally has a girlfriend. I'd never thought I'd see the day." Ava looked to me, amused.

"You're really pretty." Stella stated and Ava blushed whilst I stood there trying not to pound my chest like King Kong from the pride. "What the hell are you doing with my brother?" My sister then said, breaking my 'basking in glow' moment.

"Fuck off, sis." I grumbled in annoyance. When Ava started laughing, I couldn't help but smile along with her.

"You're gorgeous too. Macy was literally a mini you." Ava voiced, smiling but when my sister's breath hitched, it turned upside down. "Oh, god. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—"