Chapter Seven

A/N: So sorry for the ridiculous delay on this story. I had serious writer's cement and had no idea what to write but I've finally got something. I'll try not to delay like this again. Hope you like it and as always, please don't forget to vote and comment! BTW, I'm entering this story along with Escape into the Wattys 2015, just FYI :)

Call me. Got details on Brian.

Slipping out gently from under Ava's sleeping form; I slid off the bed and quickly pulled on my boxers before moving swiftly out of her room. I'd been waiting for this since last night and I was itching to learn when Brian would be in Manhattan. My thumb moved rapidly over my phone and in the next second it was at my ear as I listened to the dial tone ring.

"Lincoln, how are you?" Mike's brusque voice came through-not a voice I wanted to hear first thing in the morning but hopefully, it came bearing good news.

"No need for niceties Mike, give me the details." I got straight to the point.

"Uh, yes." Mike cleared his throat, awkwardly. "He's touching down in Michigan on Thursday at precisely 2.30pm. Word has it that Brian is meeting with Jenkins for some business talk at 3.00pm at the Old Town House in Greens."

"Jenkins?" Artolli Jenkins was a known name in Grand Haven. He was a highly skilled shooter who had been locked away for the last decade for attempting second-degree murder on his wife at the time, Cindy Jenkins. The guy was a fucking worthless human being yet no one dared to touch the man or talk foul about him in any way. I guessed he was out of jail then. But what kind of business would Brian want with him?

"That's what I hear. My P.I's going to be on Jenkins for the next few days so if anything changes before the meeting, we'll be first to know."

"Get this guy of yours to plough out as much info on Brian as he can. Any family or girlfriends I might need to know about will come in handy when we catch the bastard. I'd like to have a little fun with him before I outright kill the motherfucker." My fists clenched as I spoke and I was getting all hopped up at the thought of putting a bullet through Brian's head.

"I'll get him on it." Mike chuckled. "Listen, we'll need to meet up Lincoln since there needs to be some kind of plan. No doubt, Brian will have guards with him."

"I can do this alone." I told Mike, not wanting to see him again. The man would just get in my way.

"No fucking way is that going to happen, son. I'll be there whether you like it or not. Macy was my grandbaby and Brian took away my chance to meet the girl."

"I told you that I'm not your fucking son." I gritted, keeping my voice low. "And I doubt Stella would have wanted you to meet her."

"Actually, Stella has never been the one to have a problem with me. That's all you, Lincoln. I loved your mother and I don't understand why that angers you. Rose was always my future."

"I'm sure you told that to your ex-fiancée when you proposed." Mike wasn't convincing me of anything but what an asshole he was.

"Lin-"

"Come by the gym tomorrow, we'll talk then." I interrupted when I heard the light footsteps coming from the bedroom.

"Alright." Mike sighed and I hung up without a farewell.

The soft footsteps of Ava's sounded along the tiled floor of the kitchen and I turned to see a beautiful figure drowned in my t-shirt-reaching her bare knees, her hair falling in messy curls and a small, sated smile playing on those perfect lips.