50: perspective

EARLY UPDATE: OMFG THIS IS CHAPTER 50 🎉 SO VOTE AND COMMENT TO GET THE STORY HIGHER THAN #7 TO CELEBRATE

Recap

"Paps weren't taking the pictures. It was some random dude. That's why I don't know if he's some criminal or...just, yeah."

My eyes widen. Okay, now I can see where Harry's coming from.

"Okay, I'll call a cab right now."

"Alright. I love you, Jessy."

"Love you, too, Harry."

I hang up and look through my phone for the cab's number. I press the call button and turn around to walk back near the road.

When I lift my head, I almost run into somebody. A man with shaggy brown hair. He looked around his early twenties with searing green eyes and a skinny face.

In the back of my head, I knew this was the guy who was taking pictures of me. But I play clueless anyways.

"Oops, sorry," I blurt.

"My fault, Jess."
___________

Jess

I purse my lips and give him a short nod before walking past him. The cab company picked up the phone. I give them the address and they say they'll be here shortly.

Even after they hang up, I pretend to stay on the phone. I glance behind me, back into the grass area and see the man walking back over to me. He was quite a distance away, which puzzled me.

I turned my head back to the road and keeping my phone to my ear, I kept saying a simple "sure" or "no" or "I don't know, maybe" just to make it seem like I was talking to someone.

"Excuse me."

I move only my eyes to watch the man come from behind me.

I raise an eyebrow, waiting for him to speak.

"Can I get a picture?" He lifts his phone.

"Are you visiting someone?" I point over to the cemetery, keeping my phone to my ear.

"Um, no," he says simply.

My eyebrows furrowed together. I had some doubts about this guy being the one who was taking pictures of me, but now knowing he wasn't visiting anyone, I knew it had to have been him.

"I'm sorry, I can't take a picture. This is a private place and I was just visiting."

He frowns. "C'mon it's just a picture."

"I don't appreciate you coming onto this property just to get a picture with me. Please leave me alone."

I pull away the phone and this time I actually call Jane. She answers on the third ring and I feel comforted instantly, even though the creepy dude is still standing next to me.

"Jess, hi, I just saw those pictures on Twitter. Don't worry, newspapers and magazines will not use it. They're respecting your privacy," Jane says as soon as she answers.