49: privacy

THANK YOU FOR #7 IN FAN FIction AND KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING!! 🎈

Jess

"Jesus, Jessica! I was so worried! You didn't answer any of my texts!" Julia shouts when she meets me just outside of airport security. She pulls me into a tight hug. Words can't describe how happy I am to see her.

"I know. I'm sorry."

She pulls back. "Damn, you got scraped up. Are those going to scar and ruin your perfect celebrity face?" She teases and rolls her eyes.

I laugh. "Nope. No scaring."

"Well? Tell me what happened! Were you scared out of your mind?"

Hell yeah, I was. The car hit Harry's side and I blacked out!

"Not as much for myself as I was for Harry -"

"Why? Did his fucking arm fall off? You gotta put yourself first, Jess! Have I taught you nothing about selfishness?" She light-heartedly joked.

I giggled and clutched her arm as we continued to follow airport security to the baggage claim. My sunglasses were on top of my head. I've learned these past couple of years that wearing sunglasses in a public place when it was unnecessary, just brought more attention to yourself.

"Okay, but in all seriousness, are you okay? Is Harry? I heard your manager was in the car, too," Julia asked.

"I have a severe concussion, but it's getting better with time. My arm," I hold up my arm in the sling, "was dislocated, and you can see where my head connected with the window." I point to my face.

She winced. "You'd think celebrities have like...some immunity to car crashes. You never hear about Jennifer Lopez getting into a head-on."

I shrug. "Yeah, no immunities. Harry got a mild concussion and some broken ribs and Jane, my manager, only has some cuts and bruises."

"How the hell did you get so banged up, though? You said it hit Harry's side..."

I purse my lips. "Wasn't wearing a seatbelt."

"I bet you learned your lesson real quick."

I laughed. "Yeah, I guess I did."

We reached the baggage claim and waited for the belt to start moving and my duffel bag to come out. For some reason, they mixed up my luggage and didn't put it in the jet. So, we were waiting for it along with the other airlines' luggage.

Julia started telling me about college life and how great it was to no longer be in a dorm. She told me that her three roommates had no idea I was coming.

"Welcome home, Jessica!" I hear a man shout while Julia goes into detail about her roommate, Isabel. The both of us divert our attention to the side of us where a man stands several yards away with a camera in his hands.

I give him a smile, not wanting to shout across the building and draw attention. I turn back to Julia, who was still watching the guy.

"What about Isabel and her paintings?" I ask, trying to spark the conversation back up.

"Shit, those people weren't there five seconds ago," she comments, still looking behind me. Four or five paps were now waiting just outside of the airport, with cameras pointing through the windows. The one man who had welcomed me had been ushered outside.

"Just ignore them right now," I tell her. "They'll get their pictures once we go outside."

"Okay, um...yeah, Iz is this freaking amazing painter and her boyfriend is an actor. And...uh..." She glanced behind me again, clearly very interested in the crowd gathering outside.