48: all okay

#BUYDRAGMEDOWNONITUNES

I LOVE YOU ALL & Ya'll better be following this story's Instagram 😉😉 @harry.reckless

A great birthday gift would be if this story got higher than #10 😝

Jess

The morning after the night I'd woken up, I was sent in for some head CT scans that came back clean. Well, almost clean.

There was something small that they'd seen. Because of the size, it was very likely that it'd go away on its own. They were confident that it would, but I was going to stay another night anyways, so may as well keep an eye on it.

Harry and Jane had helped me do a short and sweet video to my fans, and then another addressing the shows I was going to have to cancel. I was still so upset and frustrated.

All day, people were in and out of my room. James stayed a lot, as well as Devin, Patrick, Meredith, and Caroline. Harry and Jane stayed in my room just as much as I did, only leaving for food.

Jane was always in her little stress bubble in the corner of the room, on her computer. She was struggling to control the media as well as my schedule. No one would tell me or even let me find out about how the media was reacting.

The morning after that - the day I was to be released, and a good 49 hours after the accident - I woke up with a massive headache, like I normally have.

The lights were out and when I craned my neck to the side, I could see Harry laying in the hospital bed beside me, his phone slightly lighting up his face. Yesterday, since Harry had been spending the nights in my room and I had special connections, the hospital was nice enough to lend an extra bed.

My head continued to throb and so I started reaching over to press one of the buttons that let the nurses know I was awake and had open arms for any pain meds.

Harry must've sensed my movement because the light from his phone suddenly went out and I heard his bed creak. He swung his legs over the side so that he sat up - slowly because of his bad ribs.

"Head hurt?" He asks, pressing the button for me.

I lay back down slowly. "Yeah," I whisper.

He walked over to my bedside and leaned down, pressing a long kiss to my forehead and held my cheek.

"Is it getting any better?"

"Yeah." I needed it to be better. The Grammy's were in three days and I was due to be flying home today.

The door opens and a nurse walks in turning on the lights. This one was the one who didn't speak English, but somehow we communicated through laughter. She'd try to say something...then I would...then we'd laugh because neither of us knows what the other is saying.

She gives me a nod and I wave, putting a smile on my face.

She puts something in my IV as well as handing me a couple of pills and a plastic cup of water.

"Thank you," I say.

"Doo itashimashite."

I'm guessing that's "you're welcome".

She leaves the room and turns off the light as she closes the door.

I move over in the bed and Harry gradually lays next to me with minimal wincing from his part. His arm goes around my shoulder and I curl into his chest, making sure my IV doesn't get caught on anything.