10. Getting Captured Is Never Fun

I rocked Callandra while Carol held Kassandra. I was humming,"Push," by Matchbox 20 when Daryl walked in. He walked over to Carol and took Kassandra from her arms. He looked up at me and smirked.

"How's my lil ass kickers?" I laughed before realizing how bad of a nickname that was for an infant.

"Can you please not call them that?" Daryl smirked again.

"Would ye rather me call 'em Callie and Kassie?" he asked and I nodded.

"Callie and Kassie it is then." Daryl leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"I'm going hunting. I'll be back by sundown." He handed Kassie back to Carol before leaving the cell block.

***********

Daryl came back just as Rick was about to discuss something. The babies were asleep and the group was anxiously waiting for whatever Rick had to say.

"We need supplies, like diapers for example. I need three people for a run."

"I'll go," Maggie said and Glenn added,

"I'll come too." Nobody else spoke up after that. Finally, I did.

"I'll go." Surprised murmurs filled the cell block. After what seemed like forever, Rick said something.

"Okay, we have our three." Daryl opened his mouth to argue but I kicked him lightly in the shin, making him close his mouth. Shortly after, the group went to their cells to sleep. I crawled into the bed and Daryl joined me. Anger radiating from him. I waited for him to say something.

"I don' want ye to go on that run, ye hear me?"

"I hear ya but I'm still going." Daryl gripped tighter around my waist in annoyance.

"Come back alive," was all he said before he fell asleep.

*********

Glenn, Maggie, and I grabbed a basket of supplies before heading back outside. We rejoiced at how easy the run was.

"Well, well, well. It's the China-man." A man with a metal sword instead of a hand walked towards us.

"Merle?" Glenn said in disbelief. Merle smiled menacingly at us.

"Is my brother still alive?" Glenn nodded with uncertainty.

"Well, take me to him." When nobody moved, he raised a gun at us.

"Get in the car or I'll kill you all." We did as he said.

********

I listened to hours of Glenn getting beat while I was tied to a chair. I didn't hear anything after awhile and then suddenly, the door opened. A man with brown hair walked in. He slowly cut off my restraints and sat across from me. He had a smile on his face, making me grow uneasy.

"I'm going to ask nicely only once. Where is your group staying?"

"Mcdonalds. Can I go now?" His smile grew even more menacing.

"Ever been touched?" he asked evilly.

"By an angel? No but someday I hope I do."

"Am I ever going to get a decent answer out of you?" he asked in frustration.

"Do you want a decent answer out of me?" The man stopped smiling and stood up.

"Take off your clothes. Now!" he barked and I slowly took off my shirt and then my pants. Now I was only in my bra and underwear. The man unclasped my bra before whispering,

"I'm the Governor."

********

I laid huddled in the corner, feeling broken and ashamed. This was worst kind of pain that I have ever felt, definitely worse than child birth. But If I didn't do this, the prison would be in danger. This was a sacrifice that I had to make. Suddenly, the door opened and the Governor walked in. He had the same evil smile as last time.

"So, your held up at the prison." My hand clenched into a fist as he caressed my cheek.

"After I kill you friends, we will have some fun," he said and his hand trailed up my thigh. After a couple minutes he stood up and gave one more smile before leaving.

********

I woke up with a jolt when I heard gunshots from outside my door. I was afraid it was because the Governor had killed Glenn and Maggie but I realized that there was too many gunshots. The door bursted open next and Daryl rushed in. He ran to my side, his face full of worry.

"What did he do to ya, Tess?" I looked away from him in shame. Daryl quickly picked me up and carried me bride-style out of the holding building. We met up with the group who were now going to make a run for it. I was happy to see Glenn and Maggie okay. Well, alive at least.

"I'll cover fire. Tessa, get on my back." I climbed onto Daryl's back and he ran behind a bench. We fired for the next ten minutes until I saw nothing but darkness.

***This was probably the most crappy chapter out of this book but at least I tried. This is all leading up to the end of the book. Vote, comment, fan!***