6. Leaving Him

The sun was just rising and the group wasn't awake yet. I grabbed my bag and walked to the road. So far, so good. No one had stopped me. I continued on into the forest, since the roads didn't seem very safe. Besides, If Daryl was to come and look for me, which I doubt he would, he would spot me easily on the road. It was about mid-day when I decided to rest. I heard a crunch and immediately hid behind a tree. A figure appeared out of the trees. It was Daryl. He looked pissed and hurt at the same time. Guilt stabbed at my heart. He saw my stuff and walked towards it. I held my breath, waiting for him to move on.

"Tessa, I know you're here. Come out." I knew he knew I was here but he didn't know exactly where. A hand grabbed me and pulled me from behind the tree. Staring directly at me was Daryl, his blue eyes piercing me. I guess he was a better tracker than he was given credit for.

"Why did ye leave me?" Hurt was in his voice.

"I didn't leave you, I left the group. I don't belong there." He took his hands from. I tried to make a run for it, but Daryl grabbed me again.

"Grab your stuff, we're heading back." I shook my head and crossed my arms. He grunted and lifted me over his shoulder. I tried wiggling out of his grip and managed to kick him in the side, making him drop me. I went face first into Daryl's steel toed boots. When I picked myself off of the ground, blood was dripping from my nose. Daryl quickly handed me his hanker chief and I instantly applied it to my face. When the bleeding had stopped, Daryl grabbed my stuff and headed towards the road.

"I'm not going back," I said defiantly.

"We're not. Like I said, I need you and If leaving the group means being with you, then I'll leave." I gawked at him. He had to be lying. I didn't say anything as we came to Daryl's bike. He saw me hesitate.

"We have to find shelter before sundown." I looked away.

"I'll go back, Daryl," I said quietly. He stared at me for a moment then motioned for me to get on. We drove for about ten minutes before we pulled into Hershel's driveway. The group ran towards us, Shane looking the most angry. Daryl stood up and went in front of me protectively.

"Why the fuck did you leave?" Shane yelled at me. Rick pushed Shane backwards, causing him to get even more pissed.

"Tessa, why did you leave?" Rick asked calmly, making me trust him.

"I don't feel like I'm a part of the group. The whole Shane thing proved it. Even you didn't want me here, Rick." Rick looked towards the ground. He didn't want me to stay and now he is ashamed. Thank god there's still some humanity left in the world. A few seconds later, Dale spoke up.

"Honey, we want you to stay. We do need you." The old man had a kind heart but that didn't mean he was always right. I just nodded my head at him and walked with Daryl to our tent. As soon as I crawled into it, I didn't think Daryl was finished being mad at me. I was right.

"Don't leave me again. Ever. I don't know what I would do if-" I cut him off by slamming my lips onto his. His eyes went from surprise to pleasure. We continued to kiss, growing more and more heated. Daryl started to unbutton my shirt when someone shouted our names. I kissed Daryl one more time before getting off of him. We crawled out of the tent and was met by walkers. How had we not heard the screams? I saw Jimmy being eaten out of and Shane was one of the walkers. I pulled out my gun and started shooting some of them down. Soon I was out of ammo and only had an axe.

"Daryl," I whispered.

"Yeah?"

"If I die, please keep on living." I saw him nod. We made our way over to the bike and we sped off. About five minutes later, we pulled off to the side of a highway. A little while later, the rest of the group arrived. Andrea and Patricia didn't make it. The others where snuggling up to their families and I felt Daryl put his arm around me. Tears started streaming down my face and I held back a sob.

"Don't cry," he whispered in my ear. I nodded and laid my head on his chest.

"We need to get off of the highway," Rick said, interrupting our moment. We climbed into the cars, well, I hopped on behind Daryl, and we drove in a line. We came to an abandoned house which Daryl, T-Dogg, Rick, and I cleaned out before the rest of the group came inside. I sat down and rested my eyes for a minutes. A hand grabbed ahold of mine. I knew that it was Daryl's from the size and roughness of it. When I opened my eyes, the group was looking between Daryl and I. He still had a grip on my hand. I could feel myself blushing and the started to laugh at my embarrassment. It wasn't only mine, though, because Daryl's face was red as well. He grabbed my hand and led me upstairs and into a bedroom. I looked at him questioningly.

"Thought we could use some privacy." I giggled and crashed my lips against his. We didn't get very far because the group started screaming. I looked down the stairs. Walkers were everywhere.

"We can't go down there," I said to Daryl. He nodded and headed to a window. In one tug, the window slid open and Daryl was helping me out of it. We were on a roof above the porch.

"We have to jump," Daryl said. We were only 8 feet from the ground but walkers were everywhere. Taking a deep breath, I jumped and waited for Daryl. He jumped then we started running towards the R.V. which was now pulling out of the driveway. Daryl grabbed onto the ladder and climbed up. I caught onto the ladder a few seconds later and sat beside Daryl. We held on until the R.V. came to a stop and the group got out. We jumped off of the R.V. roof at the same time, scaring the shit out of them.

"We thought you were dead," Carol said through tears. I went over and hugged the woman.

"We're fine." I looked at Rick who was staring at my neck. I ran into the R.V. and took a look at my neck in the bathroom mirror. All along it were hickeys. I pulled my hair over them and walked back outside in embarrassment. I stood beside of Daryl and listened to what we're going to do.

"We will look for shelter tomorrow morning. For tonight, we're going to sleep in the R.V. and the our cars." The group groaned. It was going to be tight.

"I'll take watch," Daryl said.

"All night?" Rick asked. Daryl nodded.

"I'll help him." Daryl nodded at me.

"Okay. Rest of you, make yourself comfortable." I giggled a little when he said comfortable. The group went into the R.V. while Daryl and I went onto the roof. I sat beside of Daryl.

"Rick noticed the marks along your neck." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"So?"

"I don't want the group to know what we do," he said, his face turning red from embarrassment.

"They have already figured it out, Daryl." He groaned and put his head in his hands. I placed a hand on his leg.

"Don't worry 'bout it. I'm going to try and sleep while you take watch." He nodded and I laid down.

***I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Comment, vote, and fan!***