9. Six Months Later

***Just a warning, I'm jumping six months ahead. I know how this book ends. I already discussed it with risingdarkangel. There might be a sequel but I'm not quite sure. If I do, risingdarkangel will probably help write it.***

~6 Months Later~

Tessa's P.O.V.

Daryl helped me down the stairs since I was really close to having the baby. We have to leave the mansion today because we are running out of supplies and water. Daryl helped me into the R.V. and I laid down on the bed. I felt useless to the group since I could do basically nothing. Daryl placed his hand over my stomach before walking out of the little bedroom in the R.V. The van started moving and I dozed off.

********

"Tessa wake up!" Dale said, shaking me. I sat up and looked out the window. We were at a prison. Dale helped me up and I walked to Daryl. He pulled me to him and placed his hand on my stomach. The baby kicked and Daryl smiled. We walked into a cell block when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. Then I felt something wet. My water had broke.

"Daryl, I think the baby is coming," I whispered in his ear. He led me into a cell and helped me lie down on a bed. Hershel and Carol rushed in and helped me take my pants and underwear off. Another pain came and I gripped onto Daryl's hand.

"Daryl, I can't do this," I whimpered.

"Yes you can. You're strong." Daryl gripped onto my hand as the contractions kept on coming. Soon my contractions had little time between each one and I felt the urge to push.

"Tessa, get ready to push." Hershel counted to three and I pushed. My scream echoed the cell walls. We repeated this process a few more times before I thought I was going to die.

"Okay, one more time." Hershel counted again and I pushed. There was some tugging but when I opened my eyes, I saw Carol holding a baby. I yelped as another pain came. Daryl sent Hershel a worried look.

"Tessa, we need you to push again." I did three more times before Hershel was holding another baby. Twins? What the hell? Carol handed one of the babies to Daryl.

"Here's your daughter." Daryl began rocking her as Hershel handed me the other baby.

"Your other daughter." I looked down into her face. She had the same blue eyes as Daryl. Tears started to stream down my face. Daryl looked over at me with pride in his eyes.

"What are you going to name them?" he asked me.

"I was thinking Callandra and Kassandra." He nodded and kept rocking the baby.

"Callandra and Kassandra it is then." I rocked Kassandra to sleep then I started to drift off myself.

*******

Daryl's P.O.V.

I took Callandra out to show the group. Carol came out a second later with Kassandra.

"Twins!?!" Lori exclaimed. I nodded and Dale looked at me with concern.

"Is Tessa okay?" I nodded. Lori took Callandra from my arms and I went back to Tessa. I crawled in beside her and pulled her close to me, ignoring the sweat that soaked her hair and face.

*******

Tessa's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of a baby crying. Daryl was sitting beside me, trying to rock Callandra.

"What's wrong with her?" Daryl turned to me.

"She's hungry," he grunted. I took her from him and started to breastfeed her. Daryl stared at me.

"Would you please not look at me while I'm doing this?" He looked towards the ground in embarrassment. I finished and buttoned up my shirt. Daryl looked back up at me.

"Where's Kassandra?" I asked him.

"She's asleep. Are ye feeling okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Daryl looked back at the floor.

"There was so much blood. And you were in so much pain," he said, his voice wavering a little.

"Daryl, I'm fine but thanks for worrying." He grunted.

"I wasn't worried." I giggled. He was still awkward about his feelings.

"Daryl, where do I lay her?" I asked, nodding to Callandra who was now sleeping. Daryl led me to two boxes. I read the words that someone had written on them. One said "Lil Ass Kicker #1" while the other one said "Lil Ass Kicker #2."

"That was your idea, I assume," I said to Daryl before putting Callandra in the empty box and looked into the box beside her. Kassandra was sleeping as well. I touched her face delicately, causing her to stir but not wake up. Tears ran down my face and Daryl pulled me into a hug. He walked me to our cell and we laid down.

"Daryl, I love you." Daryl's body stiffened beside me before I heard his deep breathing. He had fallen asleep. I was kinda hurt but at least he knew how I felt.