Chapter 9-I Hate Dreams

"It...it was horrible...It's like I was on the underworld. I saw Bianca there and she grew a grudge towards you. She blamed you for what happened. She said she got Hades to tell the council that you were too powerful. Then I was with Beckendorf, and he some how contacted Hephaestus, and told him that you were too powerful as well. Then I was back at camp and I walked into my cabin and the whole camp had turned against you. Everyone was contacting there parents to get them to kill you. Then we were on Mt. Olympus. I was possessed by something and I convinced everyone to kill you. I did Percy..." Annabeth took a shaky breath through her tears.

It was the next morning after Annabeth had her nightmare and she was telling me about it. But she was holding something back, I could tell.

"Annabeth" I said softly. "It was just a dream, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm okay. Everyone is okay."

She just stood up and walked away.

"Let's get going." She said loudly over her shoulder.

Was she mad at me now? Why? What did I do?! I didn't make her have the dream, and I certainly don't wanna die. Ugh! Girls!

We were on the road again and Annabeth wasn't looking at me or even talking to me and I just snapped.

"WHAT?" I bellowed. "What did I do!?!? Why are you so mad at me!?! I didn't make you have that dream! Heck I don't even wanna be on this quest! Do you think I wanna die!?!?" I was yelling now with tears threatening to spill out of my eyes but I held them back.

Annabeth looked down and blushed a little but she didn't say anything. She just kept quiet. And at that point I didn't really care. I was so done with going on quest after quest putting my life in danger as long as others. The truth is I still blame myself for Beckendorf's and Bianca's deaths. Even Silena's I felt responsible for.

Annabeth and I were silent our whole ride through Pennsylvania and Ohio. When we were close to crossing into Kentucky Annabeth finally spoke up. But she said something that I didn't expect at all.

"I talked to my mother, in my dream. She said I would have to chose you or my family."

I didn't even have time to process what she just said because a couple of Lamia appeared in front of our car. I heard Annabeth mutter a Greek curse under her breath.

"Let's kill these things and get out of here." I said and Annabeth nodded. I uncapped Riptide and Annabeth took out her knife. Even if we were in a fight for each other we were practically unstoppable.

The Lamia moved with amazing speed so it was hard to land a blow on them.

"You can only kill us if you catch us Perseus Jackson." I heard one of them say.

"Oh a daughter of Athena, too bad she cannot come up with a smart plan now." Said the other one.

That was the wrong thing I say to Annabeth. Her fatal flow was pride. That means now she is going to prove that she can defeat these things.

She stepped into the path of one of the Lamia and stood with her knife out, but she let out a yelp of pain. I looked at her and saw that she had gotten a good slice in her arm. This was not good.

"Annabeth!" I yelled. I ran to her but before I got there the Lamia landed another cut on Annabeth's leg. She was trying not to show pain but I knew it hurt. I knelt next to Annabeth and made a deathly arc with Riptide.

Stay Back!" I yelled. But out of the corner of my eye I saw one of them try to sneak around me to Annabeth's other side so I tossed Annabeth's knife that was next to her. Now I suck at archery and aiming and throwing things so I was praying to Apollo and Artemis with all my might. Please let me land this please let me land this. Next thing I saw was a burst of gold dust. Right on target!! Now the other one tried coming up and attacking me. Now that is just stupid I deflected her blow and slashed her in her neck. I heard a scream and another explosion of gold dust.

Then I looked down at Annabeth. She was losing a lot of blood. I carried her to the car and but some Nectar in her wounds and wrapped them up. I wish we brought an Apollo kid with us so they could do some healing chant but I don't have a lot of luck.

My little luck, it turns out I have absolutely no luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohoo twice this week! This one is a little longer and a cliff hanger ohhhhh...

So yeah thanks for reading! :) byeee!!