Chapter 5-Calling All Heros

I was packing my bag with a bed role a small baggy with ambrosia and a little container of nectar. I backed a change of clothes as well. After packing I went over to the Athena cabin to see if Annabeth was ready.

"Knock knock" I said outside the door. The door opened and Annabeth walked out.

"You ready to do this seaweed brain?" She asked.

I just smirked, "ready as I'll ever be" I replied.

Normally 3 people would go on the quest but when we went back to Rachel to get a prophesy (nothing weird happened this time) she said that we will meet someone on our way. Annabeth and I decided not choose another person so that the person we met on our journey would be our third person.

Our quest, was to prove to the gods that they needed me, even though I think I proved that multiple times to them. Either way we needed to get something that was lost thousands of years ago. The key to the gates. The gates of the soul.

Now I had no idea what these gates were and why you needed a key, I didn't know anything about it so I went to the person who would know. The smartest person I knew. Annabeth. When I told her what we had to find she looked very serious and that always worries me.

"The gates of the soul is a part of the underworld where some monsters go..." 

"I though all monsters went to Tartarus." I said interrupting her.

"I was about to explain seaweed brain!" she said. "most monster do go to Tartarus, but some have, after thousands of years, decided that they didn't want to kill heros and threaten the gods anymore they wanted to be good, so the next time they died they were sent through the gates of the soul. The gates basically let these monsters just be, but some of the titans didn't think that the monsters deserved to have a place to live, they thought they should all go back to tartarus. The gates were sealed and when the gods took over they wanted to open the gates back up but they couldn't find the key, and they never found it.

"WAIT!" I yelled! "are you telling me that there could be less monsters out there right now but the titans didn't want them to live happy lived even when they turned good?!?!" 

"sadly yes" Annabeth said. "but there are no clues to where the key is, no one has a clue, but the when the gods first took over they promised that they would be in debt to who ever found it and brought it to them. They swore it on the river Styx. They won't be able to kill you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I didn't upload yesterday I was rereading "Sea of Monsters"! If any of you know anything about Greek Mythology you know that there is no such thing as the gates of the soul, I was gonna you some actual myth but I figured you guys wouldn't care if I made something up. So I wrote part of this chapter at 4am cause I couldn't sleep and then I forced myself to write the rest of it even though I didn't want to so your welcome. And if anyone has any PJO friends that they want to point them to the story that'd be awesome! Okay thanks guys byeee!!

(I know I said I was daughter of Athena last chapter, but now I'm thinking Hades...hmm...) XD