Chapter 8-ARE WE THERE YET?!?

We were in a rented old 1991 Shadower compact car. We had decided to ditch the bus idea when we saw a Drakaina about to board the same bus. A Drakaina is half woman and half snake, we could've beat her but we didn't know what the mortals would see through the mist so we got off and went to rent-a-car. I find the name very original, Annabeth disagrees. So now we're driving down the interstate and I'm praying to every god I know that this old thing won't break down. It keeps making weird noises and it's creaking. Annabeth was looking out of the window and I could tell she was thinking because her eyes were really dark grey. They were calculating.

"Percy," she said after awhile of silence. "Who do you think we're gonna meet on this journey. Knowing our adventures it's gonna be some crazy person."

"Our adventures aren't always THAT crazy..." I told her sarcastically.

"Oh yes they are Seaweed Brain! We've had some pretty crazy adventures." She said.

We looked at each other and laughed remembering all of our quests. Getting Zeus's lighting bolt back to him, going into the sea of monsters to get the Golden Fleece, even though it wasn't really our quest. Going into the labyrinth. Defeating kronos' forces....

"Do you remember our first quest together? It was you me and Grover and we found "Aunty Em's Emporium" and it turned out to be Medusas lair!" I said to Annabeth laughing.

She laughed too. "How could I forget that!?" And Grover kept looking at that one statue of his uncle Ferdinand!" She said while laughing.

"And then it turned out to be his actual uncle Ferdinand! That must've been a real shock!" I said calming down from all the laughing.

"We've had some good times haven't we seaweed brain?" She said with a smile.

"I remember when Silena and Clarrise were best friends. It was so weird a daughter of Ares and a daughter of Aphrodite..." I said with a sad smile.

"She was a hero." Annabeth said choking up.

Silena used to be a spy for Kronos in the Titan war, but no one remembered her that way. She saved all of us that day. The word spy is never mentioned in camp now. Silena is forever known as a hero. The Ares cabin wouldn't help in the war. She dressed up as Clarrise so the rest of the Ares came to help their leader. She died that day.

Her boyfriend Beckendorf died a week before. We went on a mission to blow up one of Kronos ships full of monsters. He was still on the ship when it blew up. I still blame myself.

Annabeth and I looked at each other sadly. We were both thinking anout Silena and Beckendorf. A lot of people died and got hurt in our adventures too. Our conversation ended there.

We decided to stop at a run down motel for the night to get some sleep. We said goodnight and went into our separate rooms.

I heard screaming from the room next to me. Annabeths room.

A shot up out of bed grabbed Riptide and burst open the door into Annabeths room. She was asleep, she was having a nightmare. And demigod nightmares aren't normal nightmares, they are 100times worst.

I walk up to Annabeth and put Riptide in pen form in my pocket. I gently shook her awake. She opened up her eyes and started sobbing and shaking uncontrollably. I got into bed with her.

"Shhhh Annabeth it's okay, everything is okay don't worry."I whispered into her ear comfortingly.

Her crying started to slow after half an hour and then she fell asleep. And soon so did I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The feels in this chapter.... D:

So yeah nothing really happened it was a bunch of fluff but I updated so whatever I'm hoping to have another chapter done by this week! :) an I plan to finish this fanfic because all of the ones I read NEVER FINISH! It's so irritating!!! Like seriously give the book to someone else who will actually write it!!!! UGH! Okay anyway thanks for reading you're awesome and I love you. WE GOT OVER 100 READS!! *happy dance* thanks so much you guys rock and ill talk to ya later this week :)