Chapter 6-The Journey

go to the heart of the home

who you least excpect betrays you

meet one of the underworlds own

three return, two go, one stays

Annabeth and I were going through the prophesy again, looking for double meaning and making back up plans and predictions, well Annabeth was doing that I was think of how perfect she was and how I never want to lose her. What can I say, she is Athena's daughter, so she's the brains of our operation. I was just the boy who got lost looking at her perfect blond wavy hair and her beautiful, calculatng, stormy, grey eyes. She looked up at me while I was staring at her.

"Whatcha looking at seaweed brain? Help me figure this out." she said with a teasing smile.

I just blushed. "Wise girl needs my help?! the world must be ending!!" I said sarcstically with a smile.

She rolled her eyes "comeee onnn seaweed brain I'm gonna be so mad if you die on me!" she said lightheartedly but once she said it, it sank in. I could die if we failed this quest. "soo ahh the heart of family..." she said sadly "well Hera is the goddess of family, but it could also be Hestia, she maintains the hearth with is like home. I just really don't want it to be Hera." Annabeth said. We had enconered Hera on our journey in the labyrinth, she had helped us out but she got very angry at Annabeth after she told Hera that she only cared about perfect famlies.

"So which one is it?" How do we decide?" I asked Annabeth. She was thinking hard, I could tell because her eyes became a shard darker suddenly her eyes lightened to their normal color and I had new she figured it out.

"Percy both Hera and Hestia are on mt.Olympus right now! I was there last weekend to make sure everthing was coming together. If we go to Mt.Olympus we can go see both of the goddesses!" She exclaimed. Oh, yeah, not only is my girlfriend extremly smart and pretty but she is also the official architect of Olympus!

"Then what are we doing here?!" I asked her. She just smiled at me and we both got up and ran to get Argus to take us to Olympus.

Maybe I was just having a bad ADHD day or maybe I was worried that we would fail and the gods were going to kill me. I mean Ares would vote to kill me, same for Athena, Zeus and Hades, Mr.D I suspect as well. Hera could vote to kill me because Zeus is and I don't really know about Demeter. But either way I couldn't stop fidgeting I was practically vibrating with tension. I didn't even notice that we were there until Annabeth put her hand on shoulder.

"Percy..." Her voice a whisper "don't do anything stupid." she said with a half smile.

I looked up at her and returned her smile "I'll try my best Wise Girl" I whispered back.

We got out of the car and walked in the Empire building. We walked up to the security guard.

"600th floor please." I said while pushing over some gold drachma.

He gave Annabeth and I the key and we went to the elevator and went up. We weren't saying anything we were both nervous and that stupid elevator music wasnt helping. I'm gonna talk to Apollo about it. We finally reached the top floor. We hot off the elevator and stepped onto Olympus.

Me and Annabeth looked at each other and smiled.

"I love you Seaweed Brain. Let's make sure you stay alive." She said.

"I love you too Wise Girl. Let's go."

And with that we made our way into the throne room to the hearth.

"Lady Hestia" I said bowing before her. Annabeth did the same.

Hestia smiled at us. "Rise young hero's, it's good to see you. What brings you here today?" She said already knowing the answer.

"Lady Hestia." Annabeth said quietly. "We would like to know about the key to the gates of the soul. We are looking for it so the gods won't hurt Percy."

Hestia looked saddened. "Yes, I know. My siblings are debating whether to kill you Percy, I told Chiron so be could warn you. The key has not been lost for all of these years, it has just never been retrieved. The key is in the land of the forgotten." You must travel there and search for what you desire but the land of the forgotten is a terrible place. The gods can go there but we don't because its too horrible. There are many monsters, some you have never heard of. This will test you and push you. But always remember what is most important while you are there, you can be easily distracted there." She told us.

Annabeth and I looked at each other a look. This was going to be one of our hardest quests yet. "Lady Hestia where is the land of the forgotten?" I asked her.

"Texas" she said "where the Alamo fell"

"Thank you so much Lady Hestia" Annabeth said.

As we walked towards the elevator I looked at Annabeth, gave her a smile and said "well lets go to Texas. How are we gonna get there?"

She got a glint in her eye, "the best way for a demigod to travel" she said. "The chariot of damnation"

"No! Please no! I cannot go all the way to Texas in that thing! There must be some other way!" I begged her. And I mean begged!

She just shrugged. "We could take the subway." She said.

"Yes, I can do the subway!" I said excitedly "I know where the nearest station is let's go!" We ran down the streets of New York holding hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all! I like this chapter it's decently long I think. And next chapter we get to see some monster! Woo hoo! Alright I will try to update later today or tomorrow morning! If anyone wants to find me on Instagram I was thinking of making one just for fandom stuff so let me know if I should make one! Byeee! Oh and thanks for reading! We're up to 35 reads! :D keep passing it around please! Thanks you guys are awesome!!! <3