Chapter 26 (mature Niam!)

[A/N]: I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL. AND WATTPAD. BUT IM DONE WITH MY SENIOR PROJECT NIGHT AND WHAT NOT TIME TO PARTY AND WRITE AWWW YEAAAAH. Check out the adorable Niam pic in the multimedia! Big thanks to ViviiHoran for that :D Cute, huh?! :D

[Liam's P.O.V]

Niall was safe. Granted, he had a numerous amount of stitches in his shoulder, but he was safe. I led him through the door of our flat after dropping off Harry and Louis, and he sleepily stumbled toward the couch with the puppy Maisy in his arms. I attempted to help him lay down on the couch so he wouldn't hurt his shoulder, but he simply shook his head and smiled.

"Mine!" he chuckled.

"Do you want me to take her so you can sleep?" I asked. "I don't know what we'll feed her since we don't have dog food yet... and tomorrow I'll have to call the landlord, but-"

"I don't want to sleep here, Li-Li," he murmured. "I just want sm'food, too. Maisy and I are both hungry."

I stroked softly at his hair that was messy and tousled, whispering, "What kind of food, love, I'll make you anything."

He offered me a small grin, "Just a sandwich is all, nothing big. Can I shower? You can watch Maisy while I shower, right?"

Honestly, I didn't want Niall leaving my sight. However, the boy hated to be fussed over if he was hurt. Any other time he was always trying to guilt me into doing things for him, but when he was actually hurt he was Mr. Independent.

"Don't you need some help?" I bit my lip nervously.

I was hoping he'd make a sexual joke, but Niall looked at me and shook his head, "No, I should be alright."

"Careful," I sighed, kissing his forehead. "Don't slip and fall. I've got something to give you when you're done."

"Ooh, a present?" Niall asked, and his tail thumped on the couch beside him, and the puppy kissed hsi face before trying to squirm away to see me.

"In a sense, I suppose," I reached down to take Maisy in attempts to help him up, but he once again pushed my hands gently away.

"I have a hurt shoulder, Li, I'm not paralyzed or anything," he chuckled.

"Niall, I-" I sucked in a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. Niall was standing alive and well in front of me, but I couldn't get the image of him on the white carpet with the scary looking puddle of blood out of my head.

And then Niall caught on. His ears fell, he placed Maisy on the floor, and his tail drooped, "Oh... I'm okay, Li-Li... see? I've just got a hurt shoulder. Harry was probably much worse, I mean, he stopped breathing, so..."

I covered my face in my hands, croaking out, "Right."

Niall moved my hands, pressing himself up to me and wrapping his arms around me tightly, "Don't worry yourself. Dr. Shell took Ella and her brother away so we should be alright, now. We won't be separated again. You're stuck with me now, fiance."

I inhaled sharply, "Okay, this can't wait, just stay right here."

Niall nodded confusedly but released the hug as I sprinted into the kitchen. Digging into the drawer I kept keys in, I reached into the back underneath an envelope and pulled out the black case I'd gotten nearly a month before. I hurried back to Niall, dropping down in front of him.

"Oh," Niall gasped, a grin slipping onto his face. "Is this my gift? A blow job."

"Later," I murmured quickly, grabbing his hand and pulling out the black case. In one smooth motion, I had the gold band out of the case and I was slipping it onto the finger of his left hand. Much to my luck, it fit nicely. I had figured his fingers were just a tad slimmer than my own. "I've already asked you to marry me, and I could do it again if you like, but I just had to see this on you. It makes it more real. You're mine. Forever."