Chapter 14

[A/N]: Hello my friends! I feel as if I'm finally back in the swing of things with my updates xD I don't have to rack my brain for ideas anymore! Yaaaay!

[Liam's P.O.V]

As always, Harry was pouty when he and Louis walked into the flat. Louis offered the younger boy to help take off his jacket, and Harry simply cringed into Louis' chest, latching his fingers onto Louis' scrubs. Louis gently pulled the beanie from Harry's head and placed it on the coat rack.

"Where's Lucy?" Niall asked, trying to get Harry's attention away from Louis.

"S-she gets to go to work with Louis," the younger boy pouted. "But Harry does not."

"Baby Kitten," Louis soothed. "Lucy only gets to go because she needs her shots."

Harry nodded, turning and informing us, "That does not mean killed. It is medicine."

"That was a close one," Niall joked, clutching his heart dramatically.

"Alright, lovely," Louis whispered to the younger lad, seizing his face in his hands so he could kiss him. "I'll see you after work, okay?"

"Wear your sea bell!" Harry reminded Louis, reaching for Louis last time for a hug, to which Louis obligingly accepted.

"I will, Kitten," Louis promised, and with that, he slipped out the door.

Harry turned around with a sigh, and I grinned largely at him, "You ready to learn now that Lucy doesn't need to be looked after?"

Harry shrugged, "Harry guesses."

As always, the boy didn't seem happy, but he didn't seem sad, either. He simply tolerated being at my and Niall's place, although all he wanted was to be with Louis all the time. I showed Harry how to spell and write some of Louis' favourite things, and we worked more on writing his numbers. Next, I had Harry read to me from a newspaper and sound out the larger words he didn't know. However, Harry got to a page about a car crash and instantly thrust the paper away and shook his head in protest.

"You don't want to read about the car crash?" I asked curiously.

"No!" he paled. "T-they are scary."

"Because that's how Chris' Adam died?" I pressed.

Harry paled, "D-died?"

"You knew that Adam was dead, Harry," confusion filled me. "What's the matter?"

"L-Louis said t-that it does not usually happen!" he squeaked, curling his legs up to his chest.

My brain drifted back to Harry reminding Louis to wear his seat belt, and then it hit me, "Oh... you think that it'll happen to you or Louis."

Harry hid his face, "It will not! Louis s-said it probably will not!"

"And Louis' right," I soothed. "Car crashes are rare and are usually caused by people who aren't paying any attention... or by people in bad weather... stuff like that."

Harry took a deep breath and nodded, "Harry will just have to make sure Louis is wearing his sea bell all the time."

"Seat belt, you mean," I corrected.

Harry's brow furrowed, "Seat belt..."

At that moment, Niall poked his head in through the bedroom door, "Li-Li... it's noon! I'm kind of hungry... can you guys take a break for lunch time now?"

I laughed, "I think there's some shrimp cocktail in the fridge, if you want that."

"Yes!" Niall cheered. "I love that stuff!"