Chapter 8

[A/N]: So... I just got inside from being stuck OUTSIDE of my house... cause it got fogged to get rid of the smoke smell we had due to a recent kitchen fire my sister set because she's an IDIOT. So our house reeks. Myaaaha. (Wrote this authors note around 4:30...)

[Louis' P.O.V]

"Lucy likes strings... and j-jumpers... and she likes to hide in Harry's beanie," the kitten eared boy on my lap rambled on while I rested my head atop his.

When I'd arrived at Liam's flat, Harry had been practically traumatized because the kitten sleeping in his arms had almost been taken away. I on the other hand, was terrified that the woman who tried to say that Lucy was hers was going to end up taking my Kitten away. Harry had almost been taken away from me before, and then that very man had nearly killed Harry a few weeks later. But Victor Wilde was dead. Yet, of course, now there was someone else trying to bother Harry, and I didn't care if she was really his mother or not, I wanted her to stop.

"Louis!" Harry huffed, patting my arm gently. "Y-you are listening?"

"Sorry, Kitten," I murmured. "I was thinking..."

Harry's brow furrowed, and he studied me for a moment, "Louis is alright?"

"M'fine," I offered him a smile. "Why?"

Harry frowned, "Louis does not act fine. Louis looks... worried."

I gave Harry's nose a light tap, "I think you just know me too well."

Harry adjusted Lucy so he could turn himself and burrow against me. His head rested on my shoulder, and he gently kissed my neck, "Do not worry. It is okay... what is Louis worried about?"

"It's nothing," I assured him, wrapping my arms around him. I couldn't hug him as tightly as I wanted to, however, because Lucy was resting between us.

"It will help if you tell Harry," the younger boy insisted. "Harry will listen."

I sighed, "Well... Ella..."

"Did not take Lucy, if that is it," Harry gave a firm nod.

I chuckled, "I know baby Kitten... and I'm glad. She won't... she won't take you either, right? You won't go with her? Even if she offers me money Harry I really want you to stay with me, we're good on money now and-"

Harry shook his head quickly and his hands quickly latched onto my t-shirt, "No! Harry will not do what he did with... with V-Victor! Victor took H-Harry's L-Louis..."

"I don't think Ella wants me around," I shook my head. "She just wants you and her to have that mother and son relationship you apparently missed out on."

Harry looked thoughtful for a moment but shrugged, "L-Louis' mum can kind of be Harry's mum."

Niall, who had apparently been listening to our conversation, bounded over next to us and bellowed, "Mother-in-law! That's what she'll be!"

Harry looked shocked for a moment before he shook his head in confusion, "W-what is that?"

"When you marry Louis, his mum will be your mother-in-law," Niall announced.

"Niall," I sighed. "Not to be rude... but what is your purpose for coming in here?"

"Corndogs are done," Niall shrugged, and then he sprinted back into the kitchen happily.

Harry pecked me on the lips before he climbed from my lap, holding Lucy close still, and grinned at me as he waited for me to stand and follow him. I climbed to my feet, giving the boy a sad smile, and he sighed, leaning against me, "Harry is not going anywhere! He will stay with his Louis... with you!"