Chapter 16: Kade

I helped Zoey get on the sofa silently berating myself for letting her get hurt. My feelings had been hayware these past couple of days and Damien had been no help either.

"I am sorry," I said, noticing the bruise forming on her face.
"It's ok. I am used to it," Zoey smiled and then winced in pain.
"I will call the doctor," Kade said.

He had shifted back into his human form and Alpha mode.

"It's nothing. I have handled these bruises myself. Just an ice pack would do," Zoey said, swinging her legs off the sofa.

I was quick to grab her legs and pull her back on the sofa. This resulted in me being on top of her looking into her beautiful green eyes. It was as if the time had stopped and it was just the two of us in the moment. My eyes looked down on her full plump lips and without thinking it through kissed her.

Damien purred inside me like a cat as Zoey's hands made their way into my hair. Her touch was calming me. All the anger was dissipating from me. There wasn't enough space on the sofa as I made to stand up but found out my legs entangled with Zoey's.

Our entangled legs caused me to fall back on top of her.

"Give her some time," Zoey said, gently stroking my cheek.
"Who?" I asked, my breath fanning across her face.
"Paisley," she said, ruining the moment.

I scowled and stood; straightening up my clothes.

"Come on Kade. She's your mate," Zoey said.
"So? That allows her to treat my pack members like crap?" I growled.

Damien was bristling inside me. She had ruined a perfectly good moment for both of us.

"She's new. And you ignoring her all day isn't going to help!" Zoey exclaimed.
"I don't ignore her. I just have too much work on my plate right now," I said, running a hand through my messed up hair.

I noticed Zoey following the movement and smirked. At least I had an effect on her.

"Take her out. She's new her. She might be scared about hving to be cooped up in one place for too long," Zoey said.
"How can you be so understanding?" I asked, causing her to shrug.
"I guess I just learned it from my luna," she smiled softly.

Her smile reached her eyes. Causing me to think back when we had kissed.

"Fine. Tell her I will take her out tonight," I sighed, going back to my desk.
"Nope," Zoey said.
"Why not?" I asked.
"You tell her yourself. I don't want her to hate me even more than she already does," she said.
"You better have that bruise taken care of," I said, looking at her cheek.
"I know but just spend some time with Paisley," she said, before leaving me to my work.

The next few days were busy with meeting with the Slayers, going over border pattrol and other stuff. I had started spending time with Paisley as Zoey told me so. With all these activities I hadn't had a chance to talk to Zoey or have her alone.

The cafe construction had been completed a few days back with Zoey already working there. When Cameron told her her salary her eyes had widened to saucers and she shook her head saying she wanted to be paid just like others in the area.

That girl was difficult. One moment she was all omega-ish; scared and trembling and the next she was the complete opposite. People disappearance had been a lot and all the packs had been pretty worried over this fact. Chris and I had doubled the patrolling guards at the boundaries but thankfully no one had gone from our pack.

I was sitting at the office this Friday on 10pm when my door opened and in walked Zoey. Werewolves normally don't get drunk but we sure get tipsy and I could tell Zoey was tipsy.

"Zoey where have you been?" I asked, looking up from my work.

"Trying to get drunk," she slurred, swaying from side to side.

I sighed. Julia must have taken Zoey to the club again.

"Come on. It's ten. You should sleep," I said, standing up.
"I don't want to sleep," she said, her eyes wide.
"It's ten at night," I said.
"So? You are awake," she said.
"I have work to do," I said.

Zoey frowed as I made my way towards her. Her black hair were in disarry and her clothes were wrinkled.

"What have you been doing?" I asked, as I got a closer look.
"Having fun. What do you think?" She asked, her gait not right.
"Aside from that," I said, rolling my eyes.
"Dancing. Julia and I danced a lot," she said.

Dancing? An image of Zoey in the club dancing among sweaty alcoholic bodies and grinding men. Damien and I both bristled at the image wanting to rip any male who dare touched her.

"Whom did you two go with?" I asked, not pleased that Julia didn't ask me first.
"Zach took us after Julia persuaded him. Why are you asking?" Zoey asked, trailing her finger along my arm.
"Zoey let's get you to bed," I said.
"You are hot you know," she said, making me freeze.

I stared into her bright green eyes which were currently staring back at me. 

"Oh yeah?" I asked, as my heart beat fast inside my chest.
"Hmm.. you worked too much and haven't actually seeing me all week," she pouted.

I felt like she was making me fall for her trap.

"So this is why you went out with Julia?" I asked, as a smirk become known on my face.
"No need to get cocky," she rolled her eyes.
"Why don't you like me?" I asksd, raising my eyebrow.
"I do but you ignore me," she pouted, jabbing her finger at my chest.
"I don't," I rolled my eyes.
"Is it because I am an omega? I am lower than your rank? I am not your worth? You just took me in because you felt pity in me. I still remember the look in your eyes when you brought Heather for breaching your territory. I know you didn't want-

I shut off her rant and kissed her. Snaking my arms around her I kissed her like my life depended on it. Maybe it did but I don't know and I don't really care. I knew one thing though. I didn't want Zoey to keep demoralizing herself. I had to tell her somebody cared for her.

Zoey wounded her arms around my neck and kissed me back. I almost groaned at the taste of her plump lips. Damien purred his approval. We somehow made it to the couch in my office and fell on it with Zoey on top of me. My little friend down south had just awoken up from it's slumber.

"Such a strong man," Zoey whispered, undressing me with her eyes.

Damien and I realized that we quite liked tipsy Zoey.

"And such a soft woman," I smirked,causing her to narrow her eyes at me.

I leaned towards her and started kissing her jaw until I reached her neck. Just the taste of her drove me wild and I wanted more.

"We should stop," I panted between kisses.

I didn't want Zoey regretting what we did in the morning which I knew she would. The sober Zoey I knew would not let me do this.

"Why?" Zoey asked.
"I don't want you to regrett it later," I told her.
"You are too kind for your own good," she said.
"That what makes me a good Alpha," I smirked.
"Can I sleep with you? I really don't want to be alone. And you are more comfy than my pillow," she said, as if as an afrer thought.
"Of course," I sighed, not really annoyed at her.

I got up taking Zoey in my arms and walking upstairs to my room.

Oooohhh... so Zoey and Kade had an intimate moment together. Even if it was with Zoey tipsy. Do you think Zoey will remember it in the morning? How will things be between the both of them? Does anybody want Zoey-s old pack to have an enterance again?

Please vote and comment🤗❤

Chocolate-Lover93