Chapter 26: Kade

Damn. My mate was looking so sexy and I wanted nothing more than to just take her in my arms and keep her locked there. We had been kept apart for longer already and Damien was itching to mark her. Buti I had more important business to attend. The safety of pack and Zoey.

Turning around I walked over to the rest of the Slayers.

"You have got one hell of a mate," Geoff smirked.
"Yeah. She's a tough nut to crack," Salvator said.
"That's my mate you are talking about," I said.

I was irritated because they were talking about my mate like I wasn't even there. They should be glad that they were of higher authority or I would have shown them their places.

"Do you think Cameron did the right thing by setting him free?" Mathew asked, as we started walking towards the pack house.
"I don't know but Zoey must have said something to make him do that," Geoff said.
"She's going to be a good luna,"  Mathew added.

Their praise made me puff out my chest in pride.

"So you are just leaving? Don't you want to have tea with us?" I asked.
"No thank you. We should get back to our own pack. Got lots of work to do," Geoff said, slapping me on the shoulder.
"Maybe you should come by some other time. Without business dealing," I said.
"Definitely. We will get in touch with you," Geoff said.

I watched the Slayers leave in their expensive vehicles before turning back to go inside. I found Zoey in the kitchen cleaning dishes. Standing in the doorway I couldn't just imagine myself being without my mate. Walking farwords I wrapped my arms around her from behind. She was so engrossed in her work that she didn't notice me and jumped.

"You scared me!" She exclaimed, making me chuckle.
"You don't have to do this anymore," I said, resting my chin on her head.
"I know I don't but then I will just get bored," Zoey said.

I turned her around to face me while keeping her in the vicinity of my arms. I stared into her bright green eyes. The green eyes which were shining bright like diamonds. (A/N: huh... cheesy??😂).

"Not if you just spend time with your mate," I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively.

A pink hue entered her cheeks as she punched me making me laugh.

"That was a kids punch," I teased, making her pout.

She looked so adorable like a little baby. My baby. I leaned farword and captured her lips with mine. Ah. The feeling was thousandth times better than anything I have experienced. What? I did had a few kissess before but that's all they were. Meaningless kisses. A man had his needs. But I didn't go past the kissing. I knew I would find my mate sooner or later. My patience had never been less. I had always managed to retain myself.

Damien growled and purred at the same time. Damn. I had never once heard him purr. At least not once like this. It was almost like a cat's purr.

"Not here,"Zoey blushed as we came up for air.
"What's wrong with being here?" I smirked.
"It's the kitchen," she hung her head.
"We can go up to my room," I smirked, trying not to laugh.
"Kade shut up. I am working," she glared at me.

She looks so hot while angry, Damien said.

He was sending me dirty images which made me wonder whether he was in his right state of mind or not. Probably not.

"You are most definitely not working. Go and get ready," I said, as an idea popped up in my mind.
"Why?" Zoey asked.
"I am taking you out," I winked at her.
"You don't have to do this Kade," she blushed.
"I want to. The pack house is so crowded that I can't seem to have alone time with you," I said.

Because of Paisley Zoey and I had lost enough of our time. Had I been able to recognize Zoey earlier we would have been together by now with Zoey as the luna. In the wolf world there's no waiting around the corner once you find your mate and accepted them. Which reminded me, I needed to accept Zoey both as my mate and the future luna of the pack.

"Where are we going?" Zoey asked.
"It's a surprise," I said.
"Oh come on. I need to know what to wear," she said.
"Well you could wear nothing," I winked at her.

Zoey blushed at my words and looked away.

"Well the only problem is if there would be people there," she said, making me growl.
"Mine. No one is allowed to see you in less clothing," I growled.
"Geez. I was just joking," she smirked at me.

I pulled her in for a kiss not before Chris came in.

"My innocent eyes!" Chris cried.

The two of us pulled apart as Zoey blushed bright red.

"You are not innocent," I rolled my eyes.
"Watching other people snog is not my thing. You should keep it PDA you know. Because of the children," he said.

I turned around to face Chris as Zoey buried her face in my chest. Damien purred in excitement at the feeling of having out mate touch us. Be so close.

"That's why we won't be having dinner with you guys tonight," I said.
"We won't have our Alpha tonight!" Chris cried.
"Shut up Chris," Zoey muttered.

I grinned down at her as she turned to face Chris while keeping her head on my chest. I didn't know much about Zoey's likes and dislikes but I would change that. And tonights dinner was going to be the first step in that.

"Chris you need to work remember?" I asked.

I wanted Chris to go to Julia's and asked her what type of places Zoey liked. Julia lived with me in the pack house before she and Zach met and then moved into their own house in the village to keep their privacy intact.

"You gave the day of to me," Chris said.
"Now I take that back," I said.

Go and ask Julia what sort of places Zoey likes to go to for lunch and dinner. I want to give her a surprise, I mindlinked Chris.
You so owe me for this, Chris grumbled.
Yeah yeah, I said.

"When are we going?" Zoey asked.
"730 sounds good to you?" I asked.
"Great. Then let me change then," Zoey pushed away from me.

I felt sorry from the loss of contact.

"Can I join you?" I winked.
"Shut up!" Zoey exclaimed.

I laughed as Zoey left the kitchen. Chris had already left for Julia leaving me alone with my thoughts for now.

Sorry for being a day late! I was gone to another city for a family wedding and wifi signal was very poor and I didn't had much free time to write. Well hopefully you guys would like this chapter since I wrote it as soon as I got back home.

Imp notice: Do you guys want this book to end at/or before 30 chapters? Or make this book longer? Longer as in not more than 35 chapters max. The twist of the plot will depend on the length of the boom.

As always feedback is highly appreciated!🤗❤

Chocolate-Lover93