Chapter 27: Zoey

I was feeling butterflies in my stomach. Currently I was standing in front of my closet trying to figure out what to wear. Kade hadn't specifically said where he was taking me and I wanted to dress up for the right place.

"Why are you standing in front of your closet?" Julia asked, barging into my room.
"Trying to decide what to wear," I replied.

I had a staring match with my clothes hoping they could tell me to chose itself.

"You don't need to fret anymore," Julia said, coming to stand beside me.
"Why?" I raised my eyebrow at her.
"I have the perfect dress for you to wear!" She exclaimed excitedly.
"And where did that perfect dress came from?" I asked.
"Stop being so cryptic and come on!" Julia exclaimed.
"Nuh uh. Where are we going?" I asked.
"My place. You still have to see my house," she said.
"Is there a plan of you and Kade which I don't know about?" I narrowed my eyes.
"No!" Julia exclaimed, quickly.

Too quickly for my liking and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I promise. Now come on before Kade drags you to god knows where in the attire you are wearing!" Julia rolled her eyes. (Too many exclaimation marks?😂).

I cringed at that description and let Julia drag me out of the house. Several people nodded their heads at me in greeting. I felt a little overwhelmed at their courtsey towards me but didn't let me bother it.

Julia's house was nice and colorful just like herself. I liked it; the setting brought a feel of sunshine and happiness. I instantly longed for a house like this but knew it was not possible. Alphas didn't leave the pack house. It was their connection to the pack. I couldn't help but wish though.

I stood outside Julia's bedroom feeling uneasy about stepping inside.

"The door will not bite you know," Julia said, sarcastically.
"Geez. I know that!" I rolled my eyes.
"Well I did thought it would take a year for you to come inside," she said.
"Har har. Very funny," I said, before stepping inside.
"How do you like this dress?" She asked, holding up a dress.

It was green in color which matched exactly with my eyes. It would make my eyes pop out. The dress was beautiful but I didn't think that I would be wearing that dress because it was a bit too revealing for me.

"It's nice... I trailed off.

I didn't want to sound like a whiny bitch when Julia was only trying to help me. But then again I wasn't too sure that the dress would be appropriate for me.

"But?" Julia prompted.
"It's too revealing," I said, biting my lower lip.
"Oh come on. It's your date Zoey. You are not going on a pack business," she said.
"I don't know if it would suit me," I said.
"You are wearing this dress and that's final. Now get your ass moving back to the pack house. You need to get ready," she said.

On the way I tried to talk Julia out of it but my attempts were futile. I took a quick shower and changed into Julia's dress which fitted me nicely. It brought my curves very nicely making me look a bit older and sophisticated.

"Wow," I said in awe looking at myself in the mirror.
"I knew you would love it!" Julia exclaimed.

Julia did my hair and makeup next making me look a whole lot differently.

"Ta da! Now you are all set," Julia said.
"Thank you so much! I feel and look totally different!" I exclaimed.
"Psh! It wasn't much. I enjoyed playing dress up with you," she grinned.

A knock sounded on the door and by the smell I knew it was Kade. My nerves started to get the best of me as my palms began to get sweaty. My stomach tightened into knots and I wanted to just hide in a corner.