Chapter 12: Kade

Paisley was arriving today. I had decided to give her a chance. I didn't want to get into bad terms with Alpha Xavier but if my pack didn't like her then I wouldn't care if Alpha Xavier's daughter was my mate or not. I needed to satisfy my pack mates; not Alpha Xavier and I played by my own rules.

I didn't raise my pack up in the first ten for nothing. I walked down the corridor and knocked on Zoey's door.

"Come in."

It was probably the first time that I had ever ventured into Zoey's room.

"Alpha," Zoey stood up from the bed she was currently sitting on.
"I think we are past the formal stage of you calling me Alpha," I said, gruffly.

Zoey blushed at my words and looked down. Her blush made her whole face lit up against her black hair.

"Paisley is coming today and I need you to prepare a room for her," I said.
"In your quarters?" Zoey asked.
"No. She'll be staying with the other pack members," I said.

My eyes moved up and down Zoey's form causing Damien to purr. With that I turned around and walked out of her room.

You are such a two-faced wolf, I said.
Hey, without me you are nothing, Damien scoffed.
Our mate is coming and I want you to behave yourself. I need to be on good terms with Alpha Xavier, I said.
Yeah yeah. Humans are weird, he said.

I knew Cameron had asked me to go over to the northern packs and see what was the matter but I wanted to settle Paisley in first before going over there.

Alpha she has arrived, Chris said.

I got out of my room and walked downstairs towards the front door. A black mercedes stopped just outside the door and Paisley stepped in. She was looking damn good. Damien started growling inside my head at the fact that every male was looking at what was ours.

"Now that I have come you won't need anyone for your needs," Paisley said, as soon as she reached me.
"I am going to the northern lands so I want need much," I said, pressing my lips tightly together.
"Why do you have to go? I thought it was spending time together and getting to know one another," she whined.
"It's important. As an Alpha it's my duty," I said.
"Fine. I will just deal with being bored all the time," she said.
"You can hang out with my sister," I said.

Julia would need some more friends. Perhaps since Paisley would be entering my life it's better if the two of them become friends. Zoey has already made her a happier person and I wanted Paisley to do the same.

"Ok. When are you leaving?" Paisley asked.
"Today," I said.
"I thought we coukd spend some time together," she said, trailing her finger along my chest.

A shiver went through my body as the mate bond kicked in. I clenched my gands at my sides.

"I know you want it," Paisley smirked, removing her hand.
"Zoey will show you to your room," I said, mindlinking Zoey.
"My room? Aren't I staying in your room? I thoughts mates always shared a room," she said.
"Paisley I am getting late and right now I want my privacy. When we get to know one another we can have the same room," I said.
"That's such a bummer," she sighed.
"You called?" Zoey asked.
"Why don't you show Paisley her room? Settle her down," I said.
"Of course Alpha," Zoey nodded her head.

I stared straight at Zoey for a second trying to decide what she was feeling but found nothing to my liking. I just nodded and watched the two of them go in.

"Chris you look after the pack ok? Make sure Paisley doesn't get into any trouble," I said.
"Of course. I will ask Melissa to give her company. That way she can meet Zoey as well," he said.
"Good. And don't get into too much trouble," I said.
"I won't. Good luck," he clapped me on the back as I got in the car.

I relaxed in my seat and looked at the passing scenaries. Being an only child and an Alpha at that I never had a relaxing childhood. I took over the positon as Alpha and gave up everything just to raise Julia in a normal setting.

I was going to visit the Red Moon pack and see what was going on. The Alpha of the Red Moon pack; Alpha Alexander was expecting me. To go to other packs you had to get permission from their Alpha. And since the northern packs were almost seven hours by drive I normally don't go there.

"We will take a break midway," I told my driver who only nodded.

I wanted to get there as soon as possible. My eyes felt heavy and slowly closed as I fell into a deep slumber.

Dream

My childhood had never been too easy. My father always wanted me to behave like adults even at the age of ten. When I wanted to play hide and seak with the other children he would always take me to his office and teach me pack stuff.

He would always grill me with information and when I wouldn't comply to his demands or seem disinterested I would get punishments. Those were the hardest. And mom would try on more than one occasion to save me but that also didn't resulted well.

My father didn't hit me but as the saying goes, words are more powerful than action and they leave an impact on you nonetheless. I didn't knew the meanings of half the words back then but I did knew that they were bad words.

I never had a father/son relationship with my dad. He was always a strict Alpha and I made a promise to myself that I would never be like him again. If I protested much he would lock me in a dark room for hours where I would cry from being so scared.

I never had any friends in childhood because I couldn't get out of my father's clutches. I met Chris once I turned fifteen and my father died from an unexpected attack. Well I thought I was free until I had to take the Alpha position.

My first encounter with the rogues was a nasty one where I got scars which never truly healed because they were so deep.

I was startled awake in the middle of the memory and soon realized where I was.

"Sorry to disturb you Alpha but we have reached midway," the driver said.

I relaxed slightly and got out of the car. It felt so good stretching my aching legs. I winced slightly from the pain in the back and went inside the little cafe. I just hoped I would be able to wrap this up real quick and get back to my pack. Because being far away was making me antsy.

So we found out something about Kade's past! What did you think of the chapter?

PS: guys I had posted a new story called True Alpha Blood. Please read that story give me your feedback. I love to read your comments❤

Please vote and comment🤗❤

Chocolate-Lover93