Chapter 25: Zoey

The Slayers arrived just as Kade woke up. They had managed to get almost all the men of the opposition party. And were currently interrogating them in the cells of the pack. Kade was down there with the Slayers having being healed already. Well he was an Alpha with amazing abilities.

"What are you thinking?" Julia asked.
"Nothing. I was wondering what are they going to do about Paisley's mate?" I asked.
"Why would you worry about what worthless piece of shit?" She questioned making me smile.
"We all have our mates Jules. And I know she's had a hard time. Not having your mate with you is most probably the most painful thing ever," I said.

I would know all about that. Back at my old pack being treated like an omega wasn't your usual cup of high tea. It sucked. And especially having being told that you would never have your mate because he wouldn't want someone so stupid and weak was an entirely different feeling.

"So? Kade and the Slayers will decide what yo do with them," Julia said.
"I have to speak to them," I said, standing up.
"Why?" She asked.

I didn't answer her but just walked out of the pack house ignoring her calls. Us wolves wait all our lives to look for our mates. Those who find them are always the lucky ones. And those who are rejected by their mates live lives alone. Or kill themselves. That's why rejection in our world is scorned upon.

Walking in the direction of the cells I was stopped by guards.

"Look I need to speak to the Slayers," I said.

I knew that talking to Kade right now would be futile. No Alpha is willing to be merciful against the people who meant harm to his pack. His wolf would be in control anyway.

"They are busy interrogating the prisoners," one guard said.
"That's why I need to talk to them," I pleaded.
"Go home little girl. You are not needed here," the other one scoffed.
I glared at him as I said, "If you don't let me talk to the Slayers not only one but the deaths of two lives will be on your head. Are you willing to live with that guilt?"

The two guards looked at each other before nodding and one guard entered the cells. The first guard nodded and the second went into the cells. I knew that Kade wouldn't be too pleased with me being just outside the danger zone but I couldn't just let this slide.

Paisley probably had her own reasons for doing what she did. And it was only natural. If I was forced away from my mate I wouldn't be the same. I would fight at whatever cost it got me to be with my mate. I didn't had to wait long before the doors opened and out walked Carmen with the guard.

"You wanted to talk?" Carmen asked, more like growled.
"One of them is Paisley's mate," I blurted out.

Damn. And here I was getting a speech ready in my head. Oh well.

"Who's Paisley?" Carmen asked.
"The girl who was behind the kidnappings. But she had a very good reason. Her father wouldn't let her mate," I said.
"She was the girl who was keeping you away from Kade?" He asked.
"Yes," I nodded.
"And you want to help her?" He asked.

I frowned. Why was it so easy for others to critisize them but so difficult to help them? Even if they might have done something bad but then again everyone is not perfect.

"Yes. Because she was just doing it to make sure she gets her mate or her mate doesn't accept her. No wolf wants that," I said.
"Kade wouldn't accept it," he said.
"Kade may be an Alpha but you are of a much higher authority. I know you can take decisions for yourself without asking others. If you said you want to free him no one could question you," I said.
"Kade landed with a sensible mate," he smirked.
"Besides it's always easy to critisize others rather than help them," I added for effect.

Carmen's eyes widened as a smirk came across his face.

"You got that right there," Carmen said.
"So you will help him?" I asked hopefully.
"Yes," he nodded.
"Like you just said it's easy to critisize others rather than to help them," he added.

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. I was feeling a little lighter now that I wasn't letting an innocent die down there. You only rarely finds your mate. The ones finding them are the luckiest one ever. I know how that works so yes I wasn't about to let an innocen person die. Especially one who had just found his mate.

The others might have their reasons also but Paisley's mate was the strongest reason that I could think of. If she could go to such deep depths to gain the approval of her father for her mate then she could do anything else. I don't actually know if that made much sense and I don't really care.

I trusted my instincts and even if her mate was one of the bad guys there then I would listen to my instincts. The cellar doors opened and I turned around to see who it was. I just couldn't go back without really seeing whether they set him free or not. My subconsious wouldn't let me rest.

"What are your doing here?" Kade asked.
"Watching a movie?" I asked, sarcastically.
"Go home Zoey," he said.
"I am not a dog," I scoffed.
"Get out of here," he said.

Kade was suddenly stepped into my personal space. My heartbeat quickened at that as I stared ino his eyes. He was looking every bit Alpha male making me gulp.

"Go home," Kade growled.
"Not before I see him out in the open knowing you really set him free," I said, standing my ground.
"You cannot disobey me!" He snarled.
"I am your mate!" I exclaimed.
"I am your Alpha!" He growled.
"Oh sorry I didn't know," I rolled my eyes.

The cellar doors were thrown open as the Slayers walked out with a man in chain. He was good looking with bronze hair and a sun kissed skin. But nowhere as handsome as my mate.

"This is the girl you should be thankful for saving your ass," Mathew said.
"Thank you. You have no idea how in dept am I to you," he said.
"You could use your dept by trying to win over Paisley's father. That's all I ask," I said.
"That I will now that I am completely free. But if you ever need my help all you have to do is call," he said.
"I never got your name?" I asked, and he grinned.
"Evan," he said.
"I think that's enough pleasantries now," Kade interrupted.

I looked towards him only noticing then that he looked jealous. I smirked to myself as Evan winked at me discreetly which unfortunately didn't go unnoticed by Kade as growled loudly.

"See you later," Evan said, as the Slayers led him away.
"Perhaps never," Kade muttered, and I swacked his arm.
"Happy now?" Kade asked.
"Very," I smiled at him.
"Now can you go back?" He asked.
"Only if you come," I said.
"I need to talk to the Slayers," he said.
"I will be waiting," I smirked.

Kade winked at me before walking off.

So who thinks Zoey did the right (or wrong) thing by letting Evan free? He might have a mate but well... people sometimes do turn into traitors. Comment what you think!

As always feedback is highly appreciated!🤗❤

Chocolate-Lover93