We're all drowning

Zayn's P.O.V.

The sound of footsteps broke the silence as Noah and Niall filed into the living room.

Woah, that was fast.

Noah let go of Niall and stumbled towards Louis, bending down to whisper something in his ear.

"I love you."

Her voice was faint, but I could still hear the three words.

"I love you too."

He answered, surprise and delight clear in his expression, as he pulled her in a hug.

"I'm gonna take a shower now."

She announced, getting up and making her way up the stairs.

When she was out of sight, Niall did something no one saw coming.

He bursted out in sobs.

He had been strong the whole time, acting tough and protective when Noah needed him. But now it was too much. After all, he was just a teenage boy too. A boy who needed someone to comfort him and hug him and make his lunch and kiss him goodnight.

I stood up to embrace him, immediately feeling his head on my shoulder.

"Shhh, Ni. Everything'll be alright."

I whispered soothing words in his ear and stroked his back.

Liam stood up to get him some tea and cookies. The chocolate chip ones. 'Cause there's nothing those can't fix.

Niall fisted my jumper with his shaking hands, as Louis got the Irish lad a blanket.

I lifted him up, like I'd do with Noah and laid him on the couch. I then crawled to the spot between him and the couch, spooning him.

A typical Ziall moment.

I missed those.

Maybe it's time for some more bromance again?

Just as I thought of that, I noticed Louis's wet cheeks. (A/N that's probably the most dirty minded thing I've ever written ._.)

"Hey, what's up?"

I asked, pulling him next to us, making him the third spoon.

"T-this is all my fault."

He cried and I noticed Harry cringing at the sound of Louis's broking voice.

"What about you sleep in my bed tonight?"

The youngest lad asked, as he knelt down. His curls seemed even curlier and his eyes even greener, now he was completely messed up.

The boy didn't answer, he just nodded.

"Then you're staying with me."

Niall was about to protest when I shushed him.

"Noah won't mind."

He looked down, obviously feeling guilty.

"I swear, Ni. Within five minutes, she's gonna walk in here, a wide smile on her face. She'll kiss your cheek and sit on someone's lap."

He needed to think of himself for a moment, he couldn't handle all this.

"Maybe you're right."

His voice was just a mumble, as Liam filed in the room with a tray with tea and cookies.

Niall's eyes lit up at the sight of food and I suppressed a chuckle, offering to feed him a cookie.

He opened his mouth, his blond locks and blue eyes reminding me of a BABY CHICKEN. Don't ask me why, it just happens, okay?