Chapter 7 ~ Est-ce Que Tu Sera?

Dan's P.O.V

I check the clock on my desk for probably the 100th time in the last hour. I tap my foot impatiently waiting for the hand to hit 8. I was playing solitaire on my desk top when finally I heard the loud buzz that alerted my shift was over. I quickly pack up and log off heading straight for Phil's office. When I got there I had to wait about 10 minutes before he came out because he was having an important business meeting with someone. I sit on a nearby bench and pull out my phone and ear buds. I start some Fall out Boy and open up Temple Run. I was just about to beat my high score when a pale hand blocked my line a vision. I let out an annoyed groan trying to see again then I heard my character die.

"Dammit." I yell, but not too loud taking my ear buds out and looking up to see Phil's face inches away from mine. I jump back a little my head hitting the wall behind me. I hear Phil giggle and take a few steps back.

"Let's go, sorry you had to wait, I didn't know the meeting was gonna go over 8:00." He says with an apologetic smile. I stand up waving dismissively.

"No, its fine this is what we have phones for." I reply raising my phone and shaking it a little. He looks at my phone and his eyes give it that Jesus look.

"Can you even see what you're doing with all those cracks in your screen?" he asks stepping closer to examine the cracks further. Crap I forgot how old broken my phone is. I put it in my pocket, embarrassed.

"Barley." I mumble as we start walking towards the lift.

"So why haven't you got a new one or at least one that one fixed?" he says while pulling out his keys as the door to the lift opens.

"Well my funds kinda haven't been high enough to pay rent, keep myself fed, and have a nice phone." I reply carefully trying not to let him know that I'm basically broke as fuck and can't do anything.

"Oh," he replies while unlocking the doors. "I could buy you a new one if you want, I'm sure that screen could cause some serious finger injuries." He says chuckling towards the end and wiggling his fingers. My eyes go wide at his generosity as we both step into his car.

"You're joking, why would you want to buy me a new phone." I ask putting extra emphases on the word me.

"I don't know, I just wanted to do something nice I guess." He replies as he starts up the car and drives out the parking garage.

"You don't have to buy me a 600$ phone, you gave me this job and that's enough for me." I say giggling slightly. He turns his head a little to the side away from me almost like he's hiding a blush or something.

"Right." As he's saying this we pull up to a gate with someone sitting in a room next to it.. He rolls down the window. "Hey Frank any mail today?"

"No, not today surprisingly." Frank replies

"Okay great, thank you." He says as the gates open. My mouth drops at the sight before me. His house was huge! It was like my apartment x100 probably even bigger than that It looked like it was about 2 stories, it had a nice cream color and there was a pretty white fountain in the front.

"This is your house!" I ask not trying to hide the amazement in my voice.

"Yeah, do you approve or is it too fancy for you?" He asks teasingly.

"Shut up." I say as I hit his arm playfully. He pulls into his garage and we both get out. I stare at all his different cars in awe as we walk into his house. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside! It had a modern style and high ceilings. Phil puts his keys on a coffee table and sits on a stool by the kitchen island.