Chapter 4 ~Sa copine

Phil's P.O.V.

"You're hired. I want to see you in my office at 8:30am tomorrow." I speak confidently. Even though I know nothing about this boy besides his name and love for technology, I have a good feeling he's going to be a great client. He has a nice attitude and attention span so there's nothing to worry about. I get up and leave the Starbucks, heading to my flat. On the way there I stop by the jewelry store to get Sophie, my girlfriend, another bracelet because apparently the other one was not her taste. She's almost never happy with anything I buy her and always ends up selling or returning it but if it makes her happy then I guess it's fine.

I walk into the shop seeing that they've surprisingly remodeled. Instead the usual light cream color that was painted on the walls of the small shop it was now a pretty sky blue. The floors had been changed to some dark brown stained hardwood and the room had been extended to about the size of a large office. Then of course you still have the traditional glass cases filled with jewelry. I was too busy taking in the new room and didn't even realize that Louise walked right next to me.

"Hi Phil!" She literally screams causing everyone stare at us judgingly. "Did Sophie like the bracelet this time?" She says with a annoyance. She's always been a little salty at Sophie and is always trying to make me break up with her like the other day she tired to introduce me to one of her friends named Cat.Louise and I have been friends for about a year now. We actually met in this very store because I was looking for a new necklace to get Sophie. But I had to come back so much that we eventually became friends.

"No." I reply sadly. "She wanted me to return it." As I'm saying this I pull the bracelet box out of my pocket with the receipt and hand it to Louise. I start to zone out. I don't know why she doesn't like anything I give her it makes me so upset that I've failed to meet her needs repeatedly with no success for the past 2 years we've been together. I always try to ask her what she wants but she always replies with the same you wouldn't understand.

"Phil! Are you okay you zoned out for a minute." She says concern written all over her face.

"Yeah I'm fine." I smile and start to walk to the silver bracelet display case while calling over my shoulder. "Come help me pick a new bracelet."

As I'm browsing over the bracelets my eyes catch something in the next case. I walk over to it and exam the promise ring through the glass. It's gorgeous! It has a gold band and a beautiful center diamond with smaller diamonds surrounding it on each side. I've gotten her tons of rings in the past but she'd just wear them once then sell or say she lost it. But this ring feels special and if she doesn't like this then I don't know what to buy her.

"Hey Louise!" I say as I wave her over. "Could you get that ring out for me?

"Yeah, that's a beautiful ring I'm sure she'd like it." She replies, as she unlocks the case and hands the ring to me. I examine it a little confirming whether I want it or not.

"I'm buying this one." I voice to Louise.

"Okay great I'll just go get a box and ring it up real quick." She speaks. This ring is perfect I'm sure she'll love it. Louise walks back from the room and hands me a bag.

"Bye Phil. Hopefully I don't see you here tomorrow!" She says.

"I hope that too, bye Louise." I reply as I walk out of the glass door into the noisy streets of the city. As I'm walking down the street I look down pulling my jacket closer to my body. Then suddenly I run into something warm, closing my eyes from the impact. When they open I realize that the warm thing I just ran into was Dan. I raise my hand to say hi when I see that he never caught his balance and is falling backwards. Reacting quickly I grab the collar of his shirt and his arm pulling him back up.