Chapter 10 ~ Le Nerf Qu'elle Avait

Dan's P.O.V

What the fuck is she doing here? My face goes from surprised to angry. How dare she come back to my house after what she let her brother do to me. I touch my side where the bruise used to be. She's still looking at the floor and I get more and more impatient with each second we stand here. I was just about to break the silence when Phil comes up behind me.
"Hey Dan everything alr- Who's this?" Skylar finnaly looking up. When she lifts up her face I almost choke at the sight. My angry attitude immidietly replaced with concern. Her eyes are red and puffy and she looks like she hasn't slept in days. I turn around and face Phil.
"Give me and minute , go continue doing what you're doing." and I give him a smile. He doesn't really look convinced but turns around. I take a step outside closing the door, leaving it cracked slightly.
"Why are you here and why do you look like that?" I ask staring into those emerald eyes that once held a sparkle but now gone. She takes a deep breath.

"Dan I f-f eel horrible about what my brother did to you and I , and I." she stutters

"And you what?" I say in a soft voice.

"And I was wondering if you could take me back because well umm, I still love you." When she said this my mind started flooding with questions.Was this really genuine? If she still loved me, then why did she break up with me? Why do I care anyway, I have Phil and even if I were to break up with him i'd never go back with her. I start to speak when the door opens and Phils head pops out.
"You've been out here a while, I was just che-," Skylar cuts him off, her sad mood completely vanishing.

"Can't you see we're trying to have a conversation? He's fine, Why don't you just back off." All that concern and sadness that I had earlier was gone.

"Excuse me?" Both Phil and I say at the same time.

"You will not come to my house and tell my boyfriend to back off, if anyone it should be you." I say in one of those calm but angry voices.

"Boyfriend? As in male, as in the same gender? Dan you're a fag?" She says in a disgusted voice. If my blood wasn't boiling when she snapped at Phil it defiantly is now.

"Listen here you little shit, How dare you come into my apartment, yell at my boyfriend, and insult me because of who I like? And im not even gay, im bisexual. I dont ever want to see your face anywhere near me. And go call your brother to beat me up a second time but I dont give a fuck!" with that I storm back into the house and slam the door causing some of the movers to turn around.
"Dan who was that?" Phil asks following me back into my room.

"My ex." I reply simply.

"Why was she here?"he says as we both sit in the edge of my bed.

"Well,she came back saying how she felt terrible and If i could take her back, but before I could answer you came out and she snapped out of her Im helpless act and yelled at you, I doubt she really still loved me, and even if she did I have you." I say while glaring at a stain in the carpet.

"Calm down or you're gonna burn a howl in the carpet." Phil says whilst hesitantly slipping his arms around my waist. I rest my head on his shoulder while taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry it's just really frustrating." I say and fall back on the bed,staring at the ceiling.

"I know, and well talk later, but we should really finish packing." he replies calmly. I nod and we continue to pack up my stuff.

Once we finish and the movers put everything on the truck I take one look back at my apartment. I'm actually glad that I'm leaving this place. All the memories that were made here all fading away with every step I take.