Chapter 3 ~Employé Nécessaire

Dan P.O.V

I get up dusting my black skinny jeans off and walk through the beautiful glass doors to the huge office building labeled Lester Co. As I look I see people buzzing and rushing around trying to get from place to place , men and women carrying large briefcases, and computers. I realize I probably look like a weirdo just standing in the door way so I spot the receptionist desk and walk towards it. When I get to the desk I see a very pretty lady with brown hair and green eyes. She keeps her eyes pasted to the computer screen and says in a very bored tone,

"Can I help you?" As she chews her gum loud and obnoxiously.

"I know I didn't make an appointment or anything but I just happened to walk by and notice the Employee needed sign and I was thinking I could apply for the job?" She then looks up and immediately her expression changes from dull to surprised, to slightly seductive.

"Sure let me check." She says slyly pulling her shirt down a little and leaning closer. She types a little on her computer and calls someone.

"Sorry for the inconvenience but, Mr.Lester just left the office a few minuets ago. Though I can give you his number and you can ring him to set up a proper appointment."

"Yes I would gladly appreciate that. Thank you." She writes something down on some paper and hands it to me. I start to walk way when she calls me to come back for a second.

"Hey." she says as comes out from behind her desk getting close to my ear. "My shift ends in like 5 minuets, think you wanna hang out later? Mabey go for some dinner?" She whispers in my ear.

"I'm sorry but no thanks." She pulls away from me batting her eye lashes and rubbing my shoulders.

"Come on it'll be fun." I push her hands off feeling uncomfortable.

"Eh, really I'm sorry but I'm not interested." I reply awkwardly. She huffs and walks back to her desk continuing her earlier actions.

"Well bye and thank you for helping." I say scratching my neck trying to lessen the tension in the air.

"What ever." She says back in her bland voice. Once I turn around I scoff and roll my eyes. What a bitch. Getting all upset just because I didn't want her. What ever I mouth in a mocking tone and walk out the building.
.
.

When I get home I pull out the number as quickly as possible and dialing it in my phone. With each ring my anxiety got bigger and bigger then I head someone pick up the phone on the other line.

"H-Hello? Is this Mr.Lester?" I stutter.

"This is he." He says rather questionably. His voice sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. I forgot that I was on the phone until I heard someone clear there throat on the other line. "Hello?"

"Oh sorry, Hi uh, I was just, calling about the job opening. I w-went in today but you were just leaving , so the lady at the front desk g-gave me your phone number." I say stumbling through the whole sentence.

"Oh great! Okay well how about we meet at Starbucks on 3rd street tomorrow at 11am?" He says excitement clear in his voice.

" Sure, but why Starbucks and not your office, I mean I'm not complaining but I was expecting something a little more professional."

"Well, because it's a really stressful environment and Starbucks is just filled with a bunch of quiet hipsters who use the free wifi, so it makes it easier for people to calm down and concentrate." He states.

"Wow, that's very thoughtful of you, anyway thank you and I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask

"Yes. See you soon bye." I said bye then hung up the phone. A huge smile broke on my face and I start bouncing up and down on the couch like a 4-year-old on a sugar rush.

"I got a job interview!" I scream and collapse on the sofa.
.
.
.
I jump up at the sound of my alarm hardly getting any rest last night. I set it for 8:00am, 3 hours before the actual interview not wanting to be even a second late. I hop in the shower and start my daily routine; blow dry and straighten my hair, brush my teeth ect. I pick out some casual/formal clothes which is a white button down and black skinny jeans. By the time I finish its 10:30. Looking at the mirror one last time I get my keys probably and head out.

Thankfully the Starbucks was not too far from my apartment but I feel stupid for not bringing a jacket though. It's getting closer to winter each day and this thin white shirt is not cutting it. Once I get to Starbucks I groan the smell of fresh pastries and brewed coffee. I check the time and it's 10:55 so I go ahead and order my drink and take a seat in the back. I stare out the window unlocking my phone only to see I have a text from Mr.Lester.

Mr.Lester: "I'm about to walk in where are you?"
Dan: "In the corner of the shop next to the window."

I nervously look up from my phone t and gasp internally. It's that guy, the boy that was stuck in my mind for weeks. The jet black hair that beautifully contrasts with his pale skin and piercing blue eyes that you could just drown in. Beautifully contrasts? Eyes you can drown in? What am I a cringy fanfiction writer?

Mr.Lester's (P.O.V)
As I approach the small table by the window, I see a very familiar brunette. His eyes meet mine and it clicked, brown hair, chocolate eyes, the stutter on the phone, He's the guy I pulled out the street the other week. Realizing that I was still staring I mumbled a small apology and sat down.

"U-um yeah. Um hi, my name is Daniel Howell but please just call me Dan." He says nervously.

"Okay Dan my name is Phil, well it's actually Phillip but I prefer Phil." I ramble. There was a strange tension in the air but it wasn't like awkward tension just strange.

Dan's P.O.V.

I shift in my seat slightly, taking a sip of my coffee then Mr.Lester or should I say Phil spoke up.

" Dan may I ask you a question?"

"Um I guess so." I say praising my self for not stuttering.

" Why were you carelessly walking across the road? He asks. So he remembers me.

"Uh, well I don't know, I just can't believe you remembered that running this big business and all." I reply.

"Why would I forget that, I literally saved you from dying." He says. "So, changing the subject ,about the job. I just have 1 question for you."I nod my head in agreement and he continued.

"How are you with computers and technology?"

"I absolutely adore technology I just never have the money to get the newest stuff. I love photoshop and designing websites and games. So I guess you could say I'm pretty good with technology." I reply rather confident.

"Your hired. I want to see you in my office at 8:30am tomorrow."And with that he gets up and walks out Starbucks leaving me with my mouth wide open.

{AN: It's been a week and I've successfully revised and compacted 5 chapters. That's really depressing lol but what ever.If school wasn't in the way I'd probs be done by now. Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter and peace.}

}