Our Destiny begins here?

Arhur's POV

I couldn't imagine how it must have felt for all those years waiting for someone that seemed to never come. Merlin had to go through it all. I'm back now but I don't know how he managed to stay insane.

Also I couldn't blame Merlin for being angry. I did break his shower after all but I could tell he was happy. He was happy I am back, I always knew there was something about Merlin. Always hiding something from me. I sort of understand it all a bit better now.

I am mean there are plenty of things to be confused or lost about but for now I am back in the real world, with my best friend someone it took me years to come to say he is that. Merlin is that no doubt about it.

I miss how much we use to banter and how we even did that when I was dying. I still don't know fully why Merlin protected me and waited for so many years but I heard rumours. I'm meant to be the once and future king. I once was the king and now I'm not. The future king? How am I going to get back to the throne, I just don't see that being possible. Apparently its a queen now. I'm not complaining, woman make good leaders as well as men but I guess people have finally come to realise that which is good. 

"Arthur," Merlin says. I look up to find him standing in front of me.

"Yes Merlin?" 

"You missed it."

"Missed what?"

"Just the skill of Merlin's magic. A few words and the bathroom is spotless and fixed," smiles Lancelot.

"Yep, its what magic does. It's what I do," beams Merlin.

"That's good, I am sorry," I begin.

"I know Arthur, don't worry about it. Lancelot will show you how to use it properly tomorrow or something. I must go out and get some shopping. I didn't expect to have so many people live with me," Merlin smiles.

"Can I come?" I ask.

"Of course Arthur," Merlin says as he helps me up off the sofa I had been sitting on. We walk across the living room and over to the door that takes us out of the flat.

"Don't go anywhere. Watch TV or talk to Gaius, he has many stories he can tell," Merlin beams before we left the knights and Gaius behind in the flat.

Merlin/ Emry's POV

"Tell me more about my son?" Arthur asks me.

Flashback

"I always wanted to go on a journey," Merlin Arthur beams as I help him put his stuff onto his own horse.

"It's not too fare of a journey but its long enough," I whisper.

"Yes, if it had been a bit shorter you would have saved my dad but don't you see that was his destiny. My father's destiny to die there and as you told me he will rise again when the time comes," he smiles.

"Yes he will. As strong and as much courage as ever," I say as I help him get onto his horse and then I get onto mine.

"I will see you in a couple of months. Listen to Merlin and stay safe," says Gwen.

"I will mum, I always do," he beams.

We waved one last time to Gwen, Leon and Percival before we set off into the distance back towards Arthur's resting place. A place I must protect as well as his only son too.

End of flashback

"No don't stop there tell me more," Arthur begs.

"I will but we are here. Let's get some shopping and then I'll tell you more on the way back," I tell him.

"Alright, what you told me so far he really looked up to you," smiles Arthur.

"Yes, he did. Reminds me a lot of you Arthur but not the young you, the one after I put you in shape a bit," I laugh.

"Very funny but yeah true. He sounds so willing and down to earth and a son I would have been proud of," Arthur says.

"Indeed. In fact more then once he showed his courage and his wisdom sometimes what you seemed to lack. I mean he does have you and Gwen. Wisdom from Gwen probably," I giggle.

Arthur chuckles before he hits me around the head. "Somethings will never change."

"No, we don't ever want them too."

We got the shopping we needed and then left the shop. "This is heavy," laughed Arthur.

"No use to this labour stuff, I forgot. I mean this compared to what I use to carry man I would take this any day."

"Yes you would Merlin because that is what you are like," Arthur began but I cut across him.

"Arthur wait a second, what's that," I point towards the trees.

"I don't know you have lived here a lot longer then I have," laughs Arthur.

"No, Arthur seriously. The time is coming Arthur, you have come back and that only means one thing," I say.

"What?"

"It means its starting. You are meant to rule Albion again. This is Albion, this is United Kingdoms and you are destined to be King once more. I think its starting," I tell him.

"Our destiny begins here? In trees?" Arthur asked confused.

"No, our destiny begins where Camelot once stood Arthur."

"How do you know that?"

"It's my destiny to know that. It always has been."