How long has it been then?

Merlin/ Emry's POV

 Flashback

"Merlin, " Gwen whispers.

I look at her. "I know I said to you I wouldn't come back often but I think Merlin Arthur needs me in his life, I don't know why but I feel like someone is telling me I need to come see him now and again," I tell her.

"Maybe its Arthur," she smiles.

"I hope so."

"Your not so sure are you?"

"I fear that his life is in danger. Terrible danger, I must make sure he is protected," I tell her.

"How can you do that if you need to protect Arthur's resting place, he has and always will be your destiny," she tells me.

"I know that but I feel I must do this. Gwen, I want to take him with me. To protect him him for the next couple of months. I fear if I don't something terrible will happen and I won't be there when it does."

"If you feel strongly about this Merlin, I will allow you to take him. I know you will protect him like you protected Arthur just promise me, you will bring him home," she smiles.

"I will."

End of flashback

"Merlin," called Lancelot as he stopped running as he reached me. I stood next to the Lake of Avalon and turned my head a little to look at him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I saw you was gone, I knew you would be here if anywhere," he says.

"You always knew me the best didn't you?"

"I did know your secret, I befriended you way before Arthur, Its you I owe more then anyone," he smiles.

"Even after all this time?"

"Yes always, why are you here anyway?"

"I needed some air, besides this is where Arthur will rise again I spend most of my time here. I have for a very long time."

"Is something concerning you?" he asked.

"Not concerning me, just Arthur wasn't the only one," I tell him.

"Only one of what?"

"To be put to rest here, there was one other," I tell him.

"Who?"

Flashback

"I have loved my life, I owe you so much for what I have experienced," whispered Merlin Arthur.

"I know, I'm sorry," I whisper.

"Not all men are born to be immortal like you, I've ruled like I should have and that is all that mattered. I love you, Merlin. I always will."

"I love you too."

I watch as he dies, not from a wound not because of some illness, none of that I watch him die because of old age and he wouldn't be the last.

Once I knew he was dead, I felt the tears reach the surface but I put him into the boat and just like I did his father I watch him be ripped away from me.

End of Flashback

"Who may have that been? I thought I was special," called a voice I had been waiting for, for a very long time.

"Arthur!" I shout very loudly.

"Calm down, Merlin. How long has it been then?" Arthur asked as he gets out the water and locks his arms around me. I cuddle him back, in a complete daze.

----------------------------------------------------------------

YAY ARTHUR HAS RETURNED.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Any votes and comments would mean so much :)

NOT EDITED