The Rise of the fallen warriors

Merlin/ Emry's POV

I follow Gaius towards the lake of Avalon. "Gaius so the sword forged in the dragons breathe, why it called Excalibur?" I ask him.

"It just is, my boy," he smiles.

I wanted to tell Giaus that I'm not really his boy anymore, but looking at me right now I guess I can't really say otherwise. Besides I have missed that, a lot more then he or I could begin to explain it.

We reached the lake and Gaius looked at me. "You have to receive it," he tells me.

"How can I? This is a busy road, Gaius. A lot of cars come by every second. I can't use my magic in front of them, it will cause trouble. Magic these days, no one has it. It's a myth to everyone. For a while my magic, I could use freely but I've come to contain it within myself again. I've had to keep it a secret," I tell him.

"I know, I'm sorry about that. It must have been so hard, Merlin. I know this is a busy road but you have to receive the sword. Quickly magic a boat and use that to travel further in. The sword will present itself to you."

"Why me?" I ask him.

"You have a lot of history with the sword, my boy. Including the fact that even know everyone believed Arthur to pull that sword out the rock he didn't really you used your magic. This sword, even if Arthur is to use it once more will always present itself to you, Merlin. You are to be honest could have been a wise and good King," smiled Gaius.

"But, I wasn't born for that. I was born to serve, Arthur," I say.

"Yes, I suppose you are right. Now fetch the sword we are running out of time," Gaius says.

I nod to him before I quickly use my magic to make a boat appear when the road was actually quiet for just over ten seconds. I climbed into the boat as I got a few stairs from passing cars. I laugh as Gaius smiles at me.

I use my magic to make the boat go forward without looking back at me or at Gaius. The boat floated towards the middle of the lake. The boat slowed down and the sword appeared in front of me with a hand holding it. I smile, knowing that's Fraya. I take the sword and the hand goes back down into the water.

I went back to the surface of the lake and joined Gaius holding the sword in my hand. "What now?" I ask.

"Wait and see, but we best wait around here. What's to happen next will need both yours and my help," he beamed. I'm not sure I like the sound of this but I guess I'll have to go along with it and wait and see what happens.

Flashback

"Merlin," whispered Gwen.

I look up at her and shook my head. I watch as Gwen bursts into tears. I had did my best, but it was clear, for certain. It was his time to pass on. "Gaius would be happy that you came back though," whispered Gwen.

"I was too late, Gwen. I tried to get here as fast as I could but it was too late," I tell her.

"I'm sure he felt presence I'm sure of it. You will stay for his funeral?" she asks me.

"Of course, I will. He pretty much is my father after all," I say.

"I know, I just don't want these to affect you protecting Arthur's resting spot," she says.

"Not at all, I must stay for this. So when was you going to tell me?" I ask her.

"Oh, I guess you know now. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I mean I could of told you the first time you returned but that was the last thing on my mind," she says.

"Yes, of course. So what did you call him?" I ask.

"Merlin," she whispered.

"Oh, didn't you want to call him after, Arthur. I mean he is his son," I say.

"I called him Merlin Arthur Pendragon," she smiled.

"Good choice, Gwen can I meet him?" I ask.

"Of course, he is nearly five now," she smiled.

"I can't believe I didn't visit in five years, if only I did. I may have seen Gaius at least once more," I say sadly.

"Come, I'll show him too you. Try keep your mind of not coming to see Gaius or Camelot more often," she says and I nod to agree.She takes me to the chamber right next to hers. I found a young blond and blue eyes boy sleeping.

"He gets quite tired, I told him all about his dad. He wants to be as good as him, at sword fighting and he says he wished he had someone as amazing as you to protect him. He is very fond of you, Merlin. Even if he has never met you," smiled Gwen. Gwen shakes him awake slowly.

"Mum, is it time for training already?" he asked as he sat up.

"No baby, I have someone here to see you. This is Merlin the man you are named after," she beams.

"Nice too meet you," he said as he got out of bed and gave me a huge squeeze.

"You too," I smile at him.

"What is wrong? Do I look like my father?" he asks.

"A little, but that doesn't mean its a bad thing far from it. I just can't believe, I'm glad you were born sport. I mean its great for this Kingdom," I smile.

"I will make my father proud and mum and I hope I can make you proud too. You did so much for my father," he beams.

"Indeed I did," I say.

"You still do it now. Are you here to see Gaius? He is very ill," he says. I look right at him and feel my eyes start to water.

I kneel down in front of him and take his hand. "Gaius, he past away this morning. I'm so sorry," I whisper. He brings me into a hug.

"No, I'm sorry. You will miss him dearly even more then we will," says Merlin Arthur.

"Yes, I guess I will. Your very smart for your age," I smile.

"He learns from the best, I tell him all about his father and his fathers best friend and protector and me and how anything is possible," she beams.

"Yes it truely is."

End of Flashback

"No it can't be," I say shocked as I watch who starts to come out from the water.

"No, it is."

I watch in amazement as Lancelot, Gwaine and Elyan come out from the water. They all smile in my direction. What is this?

"Gaius what is this about? What's going on?" I ask.

"The rise of the fallen warriors, you don't think you and Arthur can do this alone do you? I mean you are going to need a little bit of help," Gaius beams.

"Come on, Merlin. Don't you trust us? I mean you have too now. I was a little disappointed that you never told me about the magic but I forgive you," beams Gwaine. I just look right at him in shock, I have no idea what to say to that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading.

I really enjoyed writng this chapter.

Please let me know what you think. I love your comments and votes mean so much too. All the support is amazing :)