Flat 101

Merlin/ Emry's POV

"So you actually have a place to stay?" asked Gwaine as he followed me with Gaius, Elyan and Lancelot.

"It will be a bit of a squeeze. Gaius can take the bed, two can get the sofa's and two of us will have to sleep on the floor," I say heading towards the flat I own.

Living in the twenty first century means you have to get use to living in a house, flat and mansion, well a mansion if your rich. Since I'm not a servant to the present King well in this case Queen, I don't live in the palace or castle.

I can afford a flat and that is only because I have magic. In today's living, I could get a job if I wanted but I never considered it. Arthur has and always will be my job, to protect him, watch him rise again and to serve him once more.

Some people may see me using magic cheating, so I don't have to work but no one has magic, hardly no one. Magic has vanished nearly, I haven't came across any people with magic in a very long time. It died out, the Queen doesn't even rule anymore. I don't even know how to explain this to Gaius and the knights. When Arthur rises I'm not sure he will understand either.

I finally reached my flat. "Not too fare away then," smiled Giaus.

"Who cares about that, what the heck is this?" asked Gwaine.

"My flat, its what its called. I live in a flat now," I smiled.

"A flat?" Elyan asked looking up at it.

"It's very big," said Lancelot.

"Oh, its not all mine, just a part of it," I laugh.

"Apart of it?" Gaius asked even a little confused.

"Yeah, I'm all the way up there. Follow me, it become clearer once we are in side."

I led them into the flat using my key card and headed towards the lift. This being the twenty first century, they have to start getting use to all of this, might as well start now.

The lift doors opened and I lead them into it. The doors close behind us and it begins to go up. "I'm going to be sick," says Elyan.

"Is this magic?" asked Lancelot.

"Not that it matters, just this is all strange," says Gwaine.

"Its a lift, its not my doing. A lot has changed, a lot and it will take time to get use to it all. It's not going to be easy for any of you," I tell them.

It finally reaches my floor and I wait till all of them get out before I follow them out. I lead them down the corridor them looking as confused and interested as ever. Finally we reached my room.

"This is flat number hundred and one. I quite like it here," I tell them as I push open the door and let them all in. I close the door behind me.

"Wow." I laugh at all there reactions.

"So this is what they call a front room," I begin to explain. It took me quite some time to explain everything to them but finally they got it all quite well. I allocated where they be sleeping before we all hit the pillow.

I found myself lying on the floor. As much as I didn't have my bed I feel like it use to be, I'm happy. There is just one important thing that is missing. something that I hope and no will come soon. The return of Arthur. Till then, it will still feel different. I can't wait till Arthur finally rises, I've waited so long.

"Arthur finally knew your secret, that couldn't have been easy for either one of you," says Lancelot who was lying next to me.

I look at him and sigh. "Yeah, that was a long time ago now. I can't wait till he comes back," I tell him.

"He nearly is, Arthur will rise again and we will be there when he does. You will be, his Best Friend," smiles Lancelot.

"Thanks," I whisper.

"Flat hundred and one, what made you get this one so high?"

"I don't know, there wasn't much choice," I tell him.

"Even now, no one knows how powerful and amazing you are," says Lancelot.

"I get use to it, I didn't really want that anyway. I wanted Arthur to accept me and I believe he did before he died."

"I think he did too."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you goes guys.

It's really short sorry!

But hope you enjoyed it let me know what you think!