76

The next day, instead of celebrating outside, we just lazed around the house. It was bliss. He said this was the first time they were celebrating like this.

Simultaneously, we recieved text messages on our phones. We looked at each other for a moment and then dived for our phones.

We, Presidency Covent, invite our Senior year students to the official Prom Night on 30th May, 2016 at the school grounds.
Time: 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
Dress code: Formals for boys and evening dresses for girls.
Dinner and drinks will be served.
We look forward to all of you.

I smile in glee. So does Alastair. High school prom is every teen girl's dream. Until last year, I had been worrying with whom I'll go, altogether thinking that I won't go. But now I had him. Oh wait.

"You'll be coming with me?" I ask him.
"Ofcourse babydoll."
"You'll have to ask me out for that first."
"Playing hard to get, it seems."
"Oh no. Or maybe yes. But I really want to be asked out by you. I literally jumped upon you the first time."

"I loved that jumping on me too. But since you want it, I will do it for you."
"Come we'll go shopping."
"We'll go on the 20th okay?"
"Why the 20th?"
"Prom dresses will be in the market on that day."
"You know about sales and all more than me. Don't tell me you're hanging out with girls nowadays?"
He just laughed.

On the 20th, we went to the bustling mall. I know why he chose this day. It's the first day of the new stock and an odd one. So there isn't much crowd. We walk into many stores but I don't like anything. He has already bought his shoes and suit, mine is left.

We walk into a huge boutique. Every dress here is so pretty and stunning, I just can't decide which one to take.
I sigh in exasperation.

"What happened?" He asks.
"I can't decide. I just can't." I say pouting.
"Wait. I'll pick out dresses which I think will look best on you. Is that okay with you?"

I nodded. He made me sit on a couch and flitted around the store. He carried himself really well. He was happy in his own body, which made him graceful, unlike me. Oh, the irony.

He came back with half a dozen dresses in his arms, of various hues and shades. I picked up one. It was red sequined piece. I wore it and came out of the trial room.

"Too bright." He said, scrunching up his nose.
That's the best part about shopping with him. He doesn't say that I look great in every dress, he appreciates those which actually make me look my best.

The second dress was a black slim dress.
"Too body hugging." He said again.
I wore the third dress which was a dizzy cocktail pink.

"Too shiny. You look like a walking stash of headlights." He said.

I finally wore the fourth dress which was a light mint green colour. A tiara accompanied it. I instantly liked the colour.

I wore it. It was, spectacular. It hung on my curves but did not stick too close to my body. The upper part was heavily sequined and the net material flowed out from below it. It was strapless and floor lenght.

I came out of the changing room. He had a glance at me and stood up straighter.

"Oh fuck, this is amazing." He blurted out after a while. "We're buying this, come on."

I took it off and we bought it. He insisted on paying but I let it be. He had this dream of buying his own car and he was saving money for it. I should let him save, no matter how little it is.

We were famished. We sat at a table in the food court and started eating. He bought the food. He cared a lot.
"I've got something to show you." He says.

"Fast." I say, taking a huge bite.
"Not right now. I'll show it to you on Prom Night only." He says, wiping off some sauce from near my lips.

"I'm against PDA Alastair." I say.
"Yet, you blush when I touch you in public."
"I blush at almost everything."
"Everything related to me, you mean."
"Yeah right. Listen to me though. We'll complete one year."
"When?"

"Come on, you've become like the other guys. You don't even remember our anniversary!"
"July 3. How can I forget Ms. Hyde?"
"Stop being so amazing."
"It's in my nature Miss. And why shouldn't I?"
"It'll make me hard to forget you once you leave me."
"I'm not gonna leave you."
"How can you say that so surely?"
"Where will I go without you?"
"Is it a promise?"
"You're here in my heart. Always."

•••

I pick up my phone which is vibrating like a maniac.
"Say baby." I say.
"We have a big soccer match tomorrow. You'll be there. Please say yes. Please?" He croons.
"When have I ever said no to you?" I say, thinking of what to wear.

"Excellent. Come on your scooty. Text me when you leave and text again when you reach. And yeah, wear my jersey. I'll be waiting for you."

Okay, so my problem regarding what to wear is solved.
"Okay daddy."
"Trust me Gracie, you don't wanna do role play right now."
I gasp.

"Concentrate on your game Alastair. Don't talk dirty." I scolded him.
"Bye. I love you." He said and cut the call before I could reply to him. Too much hurry.

Next morning, I wore old blue denims and his jersey. His jersey was red, number 4, with his name written at the back. I felt proud wearing it. Tying my hair in a high pony tail, I set off towards the destination.

I reached there and sat along with Mel and Ivy who were there to watch the match as well. Stuart wasn't playing as he wasn't well completely but Mel wanted to see Roland, so here they were.

Our school team was winning again. Damn, they were really good. No doubt they were the best in the state. School was over, but the team would continue until graduation from high school.
I can't believe we'd be graduating in a few days. I focused on the game. Alastair was killing it once again. I scowled as all the other girls whooped around when he scored.

At the end, we won. As obvious. We were simultaneously winning all the interschool matches and I'm sure we would bag the trophy for the best team in the state.

All the guys huddled together and did their boy thing. They went up to the make shift stage and recieved the award from the chief guest.

Suddenly, he did a bizarre thing. He took the mic from his sir and said clearly, his voice reverberating through the stadium,"Gracie Hyde, will you come to prom with me?"

___________________________
Vote and comment :)