59

I grudgingly held my gown and walked down the steps of my house.
"Do I need to mention how amazingly mesmerizing you look?" He said, admiring me from top to bottom.
"And do I need to mention how incredibly sexy you look?" I said, while he held my gown and helped me sit inside the car.
"No need to mention. All the girls have been swooning over me." He said.
"Yeah right. So you wouldn't mind if I spent my time with another male right?"

"Ofcourse I would. I don't like sharing."
"Aren't we just one crazy, psychotic, jealous couple?"
"That's why we are meant to be."
"So this friend of yours, what's his story?"
"The one who's getting married? Haha. Crazy arse. The bride is pregnant."
"Oh my!"

"Both are sex deprived perverts. Nate and Zoe. Nate was in his senior year when I joined school. We immediately hit it off. I became popular with the seniors. He's completely mad. And this Zoe, she's his female version. This wedding was going to have some animal theme or something, but their parents disapproved."
"Seem like fun people."
"Oh they are."
He narrated me some more of his adventures from school. His sense of humour was really good and I laughed all along.

We pulled in front of a garden banquet. We got down and went inside to see them standing there on the stage. We immediately took our seats.

Nate and Zoe exchanged their vows and kissed each other. I couldn't help but wonder about how my wedding will be. It sounds like a dream. Alastair weds Gracie. From Gracie Hyde to Gracie Kerr. Two little kids. Waking up to him in the morning. A daughter, who might resemble him and a son who'll cling to me. Alastair will always want a daughter. When I grow up and my child asks me who my first love was, I don't want to remove an old photograph and show her, I want to point across the room and say, there he is, your father.

Alastair hit me on my head. So much for sophistication. I scowled at him. He scowled back. Looks like he'll be copying my expressions for the rest of his life.

After the initial ceremony got over, Alastair led me towards his friends. They patted him on his back and they did those guy hug sort of thing. I watched them awkwardly when he held my hand and said,"Here is Gracie, my girlfriend."

A guy said,"Oh so she is the one whom you keep talking about."
Oh wow, he talks about me.
"I hope he said all the good things." I said.
They laughed. "Yeah ofcourse, he's mad about you." I looked at him. He just shrugged and scratched his head.

We talked a while until one guy, Owen, I think, asked me for a dance. I agreed as Alastair was talking to someone else.
He led me towards the dance floor where a soft music was playing.
We were just kind of swaying around when he grabbed my waist.
"Umm..?" I muttered.
"Just chill. Keep your hands on my shoulders. It's a ball dance song so that's why I did it." He assured me.
We were shuffling around when he asked,"So are you serious about Alastair?"
Who asks that? "I'm more sure of him than I've been regarding any other thing in my life."
"Young passionate love, I see." He grinned.
I found him too cocky, too challenging and too manipulative.
I smiled back a tight lipped grin. He shuffled a bit closer to me. What was wrong with this guy? Did he not know how to maintain a distance?

Alastair's Point Of View.
My eyes searched for Grace. She was dancing with Owen, she's such a naive person. I could see him scooting closer to her. He was a great guy, but too much of a flirt. I felt my ears getting heated up and my fists clenching. I walked over to him, with rage and fury clearly written in my eyes.

"Can you please stay a few metres away from her?" I asked him.
He sensed the tension and instinctively moved away. "Yeah ah, sure, s..sure." He murmured under his breathe.
"Thank you, you saved me from that creep." She said.
I looked down at her pretty face. Little make up. A lot of beauty. I tilted her chin so she was facing me.
"Can I have this dance?" I asked her.
"Yes." Her voice was unnaturally husky and sexier.
Maybe it was the intimacy between us.
"Alastair, will we be married one day?" She asked me.
"Yes." I said. It felt as the only safe response then. I don't know what the future holds. It wasn't a question of love. It was of fate. Are our destiny threads really tied together?

She kept her head on my chest. I tightened my hands around her. I really wanted her. My life had been better since I had found her. I lusted her too. I wanted to tell her that. That my hormones were bursting. Don't blame me now, I was a guy. We have needs. An adult too, if I mention. And I wanted my first time to be with her. Yeah, I sound like a girl right now, but I had to give her some sort of thing that only she had. Well, she was the only one who had my heart. But that doesn't count. This baby pink colour suited her. I saw men across the room giving me envious looks.

See fucktards, I have what you don't. Did I only love her for her beauty? Nah. It was deeper than that. Sure she was gorgeous, but that wasn't what made me fall for her. Was it the way she talked? Or her brains? Or her grace? Or her forgiving, polite nature? I don't know what it is. It's maybe the way we connect. How her fingers fit perfectly through mine. Whatever it is. I want her now. Tomorrow. For the rest of my life. Correction. Our lives.

___________________________
Vote and comment :)