Loved From Afar Chapter 14

My dear readers, I wanna apologize to you for not uploading since last year. I’m truly sorry. I hope you can forgive me. In this chapter, I attempted to explain why Erik is so mysterious and closed off. Can’t say I achieved that, but I’m pleased with how the chapter turned out.

Thank you for waiting. Please enjoy:)

 Chapter 14

I felt drowsiness settle over me, beckoning me to sleep. My eyelids fluttered closed but I forced them open. I wasn't ready to end this intimate day with Erik.

“We have a lot to discuss.” He said.

He sounded far away, and I struggled to pull myself out of the drugging weariness weaving through me. "I know."

Though exhaustion weighted on me I had no hope for sleep, I needed to uncover the riddle that was Erik. I wanted to learn more about him as I peeled away the layers of secrets he wore as a second cloth. Though this sounds like a difficult task, I feel rather excited and giddy. Erik was a walking enigma that needed to be solved by me. I wanted....no I needed to know him more. Who was he really? What are his likes and dislikes? Does he have a favorite color? Did he play sports? Did he ever fall in love with someone else? That thought didn’t set well with me. He was my first love; I wanted to be his first love too! But I knew that was probably unlikely. He was a gorgeous man, who wouldn’t fall in love with him?!

 Turning sideways from my position at the window, my eyes locked on his green ones as I debated on how to approach him with the questions that were swirling in my head. He was calmly watching me. For a guy who claims to be impatient most of the times, he was placid and calculating. Shaking my head I walked over to where he was leaning against the wall and wrapped my arms around his neck. When his head lowered, I was unable to offer any resistance even if I wanted to as I allowed him to kiss me. A shiver traveled to the length of my body, followed quickly by goose bumps. I squirmed against him. It was sweet torture as his warm lips caressed over mine, running over my upper lip in the most seductive way. My fingers delighted in getting lost in his hair. Distantly, I heard him groan as he took possession of my mouth. I kissed him back. My trembling palms cupped his cheeks holding him firmly as I hungrily returned his kisses. Caressing the irresistible scar in his eyebrow, I lightly moved my lips to it and pressed a soft kiss on the scar.

"Ana," a moan.

"Yes," I whispered just as huskily.

"Please come take a nap with me."

He has been begging me to lay down with him ever since he saw me dozing off at the sofa after we ate lunch twenty minutes ago, but I kept refusing him. Due to lack of sleep I’ve experience from the past a few days, I was tired. However shaking my head no to his request, I took a step back. When I looked into his eyes, all I saw was naked desire that called out to me. But I had to be strong; I was a woman on a mission.

"Ok," I was thrilled to see the surprised delight on his face. "But first, you'll have to elaborate on what you meant earlier."

"For God's sake, Ana!” He sighted in frustration. “You're so exhausted you can't even stand by yourself but you’d rather play a game than rest for a little bit?"

"I'm not playing game. I just want you to tell me the long story." Giving him a small smile, I walked over to the sofa and sat down. Patting the space next to me, I said "Come sit with me." When he didn’t budge, I added “Please.”

Sighting he reluctantly came over and sat but not before picking me up and putting me on his lap. He kissed me on the head and muttered something unintelligible that made me smile. He ran his fingers through my hair, making me feel comfortable and at ease. I never felt this comfortable before with anyone else. Usually I’m worrying about something or focused on school work or often times planning for meetings.  My life is chaotic and on the go. But when I’m in Erik’s arms, nothing else matters. Everything else ceases to nothingness. I don’t worry about the future or think about anything else other than him. The realization I could rest in his arms forever should’ve shocked me or scared me, but it didn’t. Truly, no one had ever made me feel so special. It’s amazing!!