Loved From Afar Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Weeks Later 

Life was almost good. I was madly in love with my sexy god, Erik, who returned my feelings. School was almost over, which means prom and graduation aren't that far away. Mom quit her horrible job, thanks to the money my grandparents left for us. When my mom finally decided to tell me what the "big news" was and ended her punishment of making me go banana with curiosity, I almost fainted. Apparently we're worth millions now. Nevertheless the money doesn't mean anything to me, and I promised to myself I will not touch a penny. I don't forgive and forget easily and what my grandparents did to my mom and I will stay with me forever; however knowing that they died trying to mend the past makes my heart soften for them. On the other hand, my mom was enthused and in high spirit. She learned that her parents were looking for her for years, and when they finally found her whereabouts they were going to personally come to her and be in her life once again before their tragic accident. I was happy too because she was happy.

But during the short period of times I was left alone with my thoughts as my only companion, I was anxious. There were secrets I was keeping from my mother and Erik. They're the two most important people in my life, and I wasn't honest with them. This made me sick to my stomach whenever I was in their company. Uncomfortable too. If they noticed my obvious uneasiness, they haven't said anything about it. I know before it's too late, I have to find a way to tell them what needed to be said. All that was required was a little courage and maybe a push.

The last bell of the day rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. Instead of jumping to me feet to leave, I purposely stayed behind. I watched Erik lock the door after the last student left. He turned around and stretched his arms open for me and mouthed, "Come here." I was helpless to do anything but obey his order and before I knew it my feet were taking me to where he was. I went to him gladly and wrapped my arms around his waist. Erik tucked his face into the crook of my neck and enfolded his arms firmly around my body. Sighting, I let my hands slide up his arms, over his shoulders, curl around the nape of his neck, making sure not to disturb his combed hair. "I missed you." I whispered.

"Let me take you home. It has been too long."

"I'd love to, but we can't. My mom will wonder where I am." I stepped away from his wicked lure and went back to my desk to collect my things.

"Give me thirty minutes." He continued his seduction as he stepped right behind me. I felt his energy and warm air but didn't turn back, willing myself to stay strong. Instead of succumbing to his plea, I laughed at him weakly. "Suck it up, big guy."

With a sigh, he pulled me back into an embrace. "Fine but don't make me wait too long after you let me have a taste. It's cruel."

"I'll think about it."

I felt his chuckle before I heard it. "You better believe I expect serious sexual payment for this lengthy wait."

"But I didn't ask you to wait." I pointed out. "I'm sure you can find some lady who would love to help you out."

"You're right. I can find someone. In fact I think I'll get on it as soon as possible. Thanks."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Nah."